1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted Report: 76561198086210007 - ([TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by ledeldeldo, Nov 26, 2014.

1. ledeldeldo

ledeldeldo New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:49456350
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Money] PayPal scam or scam attempt
    Virtual item type involved: [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items

Accused profile: 76561198086210007

Victim profile: 76561198059178428

What happened? Description:
    Michael Yang (an unverified, Non-U.S. account) essentially stole $120 from me and I am worried he will chargeback scam me again because I have thousands of dollars of transactions with him. He just recently chargedback $350 more so I decided to submit my evidence and prove that he is a scammer (I am working on collecting evidence that the $350 chargeback was fraud too)

I can prove this chargeback is fraudulent--I have documentation that I sent the digital goods in question to him.

In the image attached, "Me Sending Item (Trade History).PNG" you can see the transaction on August 18th in question. It indicates that I sent an "Unusual Cold Killer" digital item to BlizzardStorm whom I will now prove is the Michael Yang I received the payment from.

In "PayPal Transaction in Question.PNG" you can see a few things. One, this user is clearly suspicious being a Non-U.S. and Unverified account. (I am both verified and in the U.S.) You can also see that the date and time matches exactly to the date and time of the transaction in the previous image I described (Within 5 minutes of) Now it's November 18th, exactly ## days after this transaction, AKA the maximum time a user has to file a dispute. And Michael did just that. This must raise suspicion of fraudulent use of chargeback.
    The next key things we see are in the Note: "any attempt to file a chargeback or dispute under any circumstances is fraudulent." and "My id64 is http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198086210007/"
    The reason I told Michael to include these two items is to be able to trace back to him in case of emergency. A steam user's id## is an unchangeable link to their profile within the steam community. So in order to prove that I sent the person who wrote that note the digital goods in question, I must prove that I sent the items on that day to the user on Steam that matches that id##. And I will do that now.

In the next image, "Proving I sent to the Correct Buyer_1.PNG" I went back to the trade history I showed in the first image but dug a little deeper. By inspecting the element of the link on the trade, I was able to trace back to the account I sent it to: http://steamcommunity.com/id/blizzardstorm
    This is not the id64--but it gets us closer to making the connection because when you click that link in the trade history you get to the next image.
    In "Proving I sent to the Correct Buyer_2.PNG" you see that the link I am viewing matches the link in the trade history; http://steamcommunity.com/id/blizzardstorm
    On that page, Michael Yang's steam community profile, you can see tons of information but the most important part is the circled area that says Permalink /profiles/76561198086210007
    This unique and unchangeable steam profile identifier perfectly matches the one Michael mentioned in the PayPal note previously mentioned.

Also, I think just clicking the link with his id64 http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198086210007 redirects you to his steam profile and automatically changes the url to the matching customURL from the trade history I provided. (I didn't want to bank on this so I still did all the cross-analysis.)

All this evidence should be more than enough to prove that I was in fact dealing with only one person in this transaction and the payment I received was directly for the items sent to the matching Steam user.

I am submitting this evidence and for the other transaction to the paypal chargeback center. Any advice on how to win?​

Provide Evidence:
    Descriptions of pictures above.

If you wanna let this obvious chargeback scammer keep doing his thing just because I don't have chatlogs then go ahead.

But that would be f✿✿✿✿✿✿ stupid. Please read my evidence its strong.​

Attached Files:

2. ledeldeldo

ledeldeldo New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:49456350
    I talked to blizzardstorm and he says he was hijacked or something and the chargebacks weren't him. Don't mark him please until I update - he claims the chargebacks weren't initiated by him. So if he fixes them and all I will ask for this to be removed--will updated probably in a week...
  3. MVP Again

MVP Again New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:48989141
    Same thing happened to me. I also had a chargeback for one recent transaction ($216.00 USD). He said it was a mistake at the bank, but I had thousands in trades with him as well. Hoping it all works out okay.
  4. Nolan

Nolan New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41810545
    Im in the -$2000 on hold because of his charge back. He tells me the same thing someone stole his account and he said he will pay me back...

Attached Files:

5. MVP Again

MVP Again New User

Steam:
    Now, another transaction has been charged back as well. One for $750.
  6. MVP Again

MVP Again New User

Steam:
    And another now for $3,700.
  7. Nolan

Nolan New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41810545
    He's trade banned on steam
  8. Hossam

Hossam New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:43934770
    Same thing exactly here, but thankfully it wasn't as bad as you guys, it was about 350$.. Apparently he's saying his house has been robbed along with his credit card. He told me to let the charge back to go through and he would send the money back, but ever since the money was charged back to him he seems to be ignoring me, I'm getting a little bit worried :3
  9. Dippah

Dippah New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:44623742
    I got a chargeback from PayPal for $470 - same guy and same story that someone has stolen his credit card and has initiated the chargeback. I am suspicious as this guy said he would sent through another payment of $470 if the chargeback fails . . . . .
    I am now trying to convince PayPal that this is fraudulent and they have comeback saying that it can take up to 75 days for his credit card provider to confirm whether they will pay or not. I am going to keep on PayPal's back on this but I don't like my chances at this stage (unless the credit card provider can prove that criminal activity has been committed on his account)
    In the event that I lose the chargeback, is there anyway that I can get my item back (Unusual Scorching Troublemaker's Tossle Cap) that I sold him?
  10. Sniper Pro

Sniper Pro FirePowered Head Admin Partner Community

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:49525162
    Unfortunately, no. I don't really trust this guy. With all the money he spent, I don't understand why he wouldn't verify his Paypal account. I sold him like 30 Buds, but I made him reverse the transaction after I found out how sketchy he was. Looks like I got saved...
  11. LookAtMyChicken - Lamg.tv

LookAtMyChicken - Lamg.tv LAMG Chicken - TF2 Twitch streamer Friend Community Notable Affiliate - Identity Verified

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:35932665
    Hello,

I am the chargeback admin and fraud investigator of marketplace.tf
    We have 1000s of dollars in confirmed chargebacks from this user, We've also pinpointed his home.
    Any SR admins please contact me for my FULL cooperation with any investigations with this user.
    Thank you.
  12. Mattie!

Mattie! SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:5712733
    Hello @ledeldeldo,

Your report was accepted and the accused was banned. Feel free to report a violation via their Steam profile.

In order to do that, you have to:
    1. Visit the accused's profile
    2. Click "More" drop-down located at the top right of the page
    3. Choose "Report Violation"
    4. Select the violation, then describe it and provide the evidence
    5. Click "Submit Report"

Click here to view an animated gif that shows how to report a violation.

Thank you for reporting this user.