1. SteamRep is shutting down at the end of 2024. See announcement.

Pending Report: 76561198087202475 - ([CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items)

Discussion in 'Pre-2017 Reports' started by TOP F^^KING FRAGGER, Jun 13, 2015.

1. TOP F^^KING FRAGGER

TOP F^^KING FRAGGER New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:19611772
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Money] PayPal scam or scam attempt
    Virtual item type involved: [CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items

Accused profile: 76561198087202475

Victim profile: 76561197999489272

What happened? Description:
    Was attempting to trade a Hyper Beast M4A1-S for a knife or something on CSGOLounge. Guy contacted me about a week ago saying he would like to give me money through paypal, and that he'll go first and that he had a lot of rep on his account if I wanted to check. So I did and there were a decent amount of +reps I guess. I had recently changed my password so I wasn't able to trade for like a week. A week passes by and I msg him and we go through the motions. I have never really used paypal before so I didn't really know what was going on, and he sent me the invoice which was the scam, and I traded the item unknowingly expecting to see the money in my wallet at somepoint soon. Then I was blocked afterwards, and I don't have screen shots of the chat because I figured paypal was unscammable.​

Provide Evidence:
    :(

Attached Files:

2. Dreaddie

Dreaddie New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:66744618
    Yep the same guy scammed me too with the same method
    the difference was I had a Bayonet Marble fade and he sent me the invoice. After that I looked in my paypal statement: Molly Ivy sent you a bill 490$... but in the paypal statement it showed I get +490$... but it was a scam and I realized it too late and gave him the Bayo. I try to contact Paypal, Valve and the Police. Maybe they can help
  3. Salmon

Salmon Caution on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:21003377
    Please open your own report.

Paypal can ban his paypal account, but it won't do much, most likely a throwaway account.

Valve does not give items back for scams, as paypal trades are outside their TOS and they are very clear about that.

The police don't give a crap about this stuff.