1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Invalid Report: 76561198088556103 - ([TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by PlayerProDG, Aug 19, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PlayerProDG

PlayerProDG New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:63731185
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Other] Any other fraudulent behavior
    Virtual item type involved: [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items

Accused profile: 76561198088556103

Victim profile: 76561198087728099

What happened? Description:
    This guy is someone I've had on my friendslist for quite a while I'm assuming but that I've never really talked to much. Suddenly though, today (19 August 2019) he just messages me, asking how I've been and stuff. At some point he offers me $100 in Steam funds for free. I politely decline, stating that no-one would just give away $100 for free. Then he proceeds to ask me another thing, something about whether my items or my account was more important to me. There the actual scam attempt begins.

He starts to threaten me, stating that if I wouldn't give him my TF2 or CS:GO items he would hack my account and change my password and whatnot. I didn't really believe him but since I had never seen such a scam in my life before I was honestly pretty scared to lose my account. He sends me supposed screenshots of him on the reset password screen and of a conversation on discord with the supposed real owner of he account. I ended up not giving him anything and just telling him off but to reassure myself I asked some people on the backpack.tf discord about the situation. They reaffirmed my initial thought. Later today (the scam attempt happened really early in the morning) I log back into my Steam account without any problem and I see a friend request of this guy, he must have removed me after I had gone offline. He changed his name to include "back in the saddle" or something similar, to suggest that he had regained power over his account.

It's probably a really stupid scam method but I was honestly quite scared since my whole account, not just some items, was at stake here. Not gonna lie, was I any younger, I quite possibly could have fallen victim to this guy for real.​

Provide Evidence:

Attached Files:

2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Unfortunately, SteamRep does not accept reports dealing with hijacking/phishing/hacking -Due to current Investigative Policy
    http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/investigative-policy.140101/

This includes anything to do with API key requests, wrong or misspelled URL's and sites requesting logins of any type in attempts to steal your credentials.
    These are phishing/hijacking attempts and are not to be reported to SteamRep!

You can report the user to Valve instead
    In order to do that, you have to:
    1. Visit the accuseds profile
    2. Click MORE drop-down located at the top right of the page
    3. Choose REPORT VIOLATION
    4. Select the violation, then describe it and provide the evidence
    5. Click SUBMIT REPORT

Click here to view an animated gif that shows how to report a violation.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.