1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Pending Report: 76561198095301954 - ([TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items)

Discussion in 'Pre-2017 Reports' started by Mushroomfusion ᵞᵒᵘᵀᵘ, Feb 14, 2015.

1. GreenEthan

GreenEthan New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:35795442
    Your son made a mistake, it is not tree's fault, he did not deceive him. And after looking through all the evidence and trades and such, I can see that it is a bad trade, but this deal was not obtained through trickery. (I agree with BTW I'm The Guy, basically)
  2. NissanTekna

NissanTekna New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:84235369
    Your son made a mistake and you admit that, he agreed to the trade and he knew what he was to receive. Also the bp.tf price is a guideline only, remember that steam trading is any item for any item no matter what it/ they may be worth.
  3. Ze Engineer Zombie

Ze Engineer Zombie New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:39406647
    He knew he scammed. I told him to add Mushroomfusion for the same trade as he did with me. He even said he saw it was a bad trade and took advantage of Mushroom. I guess if tree is allowed to do this then I can too as long as they accept the trade. OK, I will save the chat as evidence that if steamep says tree scamming Mushroom is OK and approved. That taking advantage and exploiting of kids is OK; then anyone can as long as they can deceive the kid.

Thanks GreenEthan and NissanTekna for the green light and go ahead of scamming. You guys are such immoral low life's!
  4. tree2forest2

tree2forest2 Unconfirmed Reports

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:67518113
    Your specific word of choice was "similar" not "the same".

Making profit, even if the amount is larger then the norm is not necessarily scamming. Why don't you actually take a look at what your accusing me of before before you make the accusation.

The Steamrep definition of scamming: A scammer is anyone that uses deception, thievery, lies, or anything that is underhanded to take advantage of or steal from another trader.

Now lets look at all three things which could make me a scammer that i did not do.

Lies: I did not lie I was honest, proof of this is in the conversation I had with Mushroomfusion which is explained in one of my later comments.
    Thievery: I did not steal. No one forced you to accept the trade, you did it willingly with no persuasion from me in fact we only typed a total of around six words whilst you were on my friends list.
    Deception: I did not deceive you. Deception would involve me attempting to trick you. we barely talk. How could I of tricked you?

Its great that you and your father share a hobby however you don't have to blindly follow his side of the argument.

Mushroomfusion, you claim that I did a quick switch scam. What evidence do you have of this apart from one line of text where I tell you that I like to make profit which is not talking about a scam. I did make plenty of profit, maybe that makes me a bad person. Maybe you should warn people truthfully that I will attempt to make profit.
    What you should not do is accuse me of being a scammer on false claims. Please close this report.
  5. BTW I'm The Guy

BTW I'm The Guy New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:33053550
    Here's what i can gather from this:
    Tree traded with your son and exchanged few words, most of which probably being unimportant. Tree, at this point, thinks he is buying a gift wrapped non-tradable HHH.
    Tree and your son enter the trade box, tree puts his item in and your son does the same. The trade is accepted.
    There was no input from Tree, your son literally just gifted him the strange HHH. I don't understand why Tree is being penalized for not giving it back since it was your sons' mistake and no one elses.
    Mushroom seems bitter and just wants his items back.

"Thanks GreenEthan and NissanTekna for the green light and go ahead of scamming. You guys are such immoral low life's!" let put this into perspective, if you were trading craft hats and without realizing it you were given an unusual you are not a scammer, you are subject to lucky chance. It is then your choice to give it back. Tree was just at the right place at the right time, it was not his fault he recieved the HHH and is not obligated to give it back.

A scam would be lying to a new player about duping being revealed whilst traded, therefore a fake middle man is required (middleman scam). This scam involves lying on numerous occasions and deceiving the victim. Tree did nothing. I'm failing to see how Tree is a scammer.
  6. tree2forest2

tree2forest2 Unconfirmed Reports

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:67518113
    Mushroomfusion when you say "He scammed my son for a gifted Headless Horseless Horseman Headtaker for a Strange, Craftable, Halloween spell Headless Horseless Horseman for 1 CSGO key." you make it sound as if we had an agreement. We did not, I did not know which items I would be trading, so how could I of switched round the items? Nothing I put in the trade box left the trade box, the same goes for you this means that no items were switched making it impossible that this was a "quickswitch scam". Please respond to this and explain, I am getting tired of talking to myself.
  7. BTW I'm The Guy

BTW I'm The Guy New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:33053550
    The HHH was given back. Close report?
  8. Yes we are good and I received my HHH back. Thank you -hg- COBALT for your help and thank you tree2forest2. Please close this ticket.
  9. I left a message on his profile, thanking him and grateful that we could work things out. I did not include the complaint and his reluctance because despite the wait, he did do what was honest and right. Sometimes doing what is right doesn't feel good but he showed character. Thanks again!