1. SteamRep is shutting down at the end of 2024. See announcement.

Archived Report: 76561198102131740 - ([DOTA2] Dota2 Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by Risen lord, Aug 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Risen lord

Risen lord New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:59559190
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Money] PayPal scam or scam attempt
    Virtual item type involved: [DOTA2] Dota2 Items

Accused profile: 76561198102131740

Victim profile: 76561198079384109

What happened? Description:
    He send me an real money offer via dota 2 lounge .He said to add him and he will give me real money for my dota 2 player card packs .FIrst of all he asked me about my reputation,and i didn`t have a rep thread like he was pretending to have. I saw his profile description , where he was pretending to be a trusted middle man and a good trader on dota 2 trades, but when i asked his rep thread he avoided to give me links or things to prove that he was a trusted trader.I made a big mistake trusting his profile description,and yes he deserves a ban or something because he just covered his true scam intend through middleman and good looking profile description.He used that to persuade me .Then , i decided to go fifty-fifty.I gave him 10 player card packs, half of the amount he asked, and he would gave me half of money , like 4$ as he pretended.But suddently, after i gave him those cards, he just said that he`s on a match and he`s busy and he ignored me for a while .I started to think that something is suspicious and he hardly response to my chat when i asked him how we go and if he sent me the money to my account.After this ,he was trying to bully me more asking for the other half too and he said he will send me money after this.I said that i don`t trust him and he tried to threaten and he was impulsive asking for more and more cards. I denied his request and he just said that he won`t give me the money or the cards back.He put a trash item and he tried to trade to me as a gift just to have a good argument if valve would contact him if i reported for scam,so he could easily say that it was a fair trade and he gave me an item for cards.But i didn`t go in that trap and instantly denied that trade .Atfer all of this trying to recover my items, he just said that i woukld get banned if i report him.Here`s some photos of the chat and trade history.I know that was my mistake that i gave him my items and i cannot recover them, but please punish this impostor for scammin me for such cheap items.It`s not about the value of items, it`s about gesture and that`s why i report him, to stop him and warn other people who can be scammed by him.Thank you for support.​

Provide Evidence:
    Evidence​

Attached Files:

• 5.png
      5.png
      File size:
      168.3 KB
      Views:
    • 4.png
      4.png
      File size:
      970.8 KB
      Views:
    • 2.png
      2.png
      File size:
      136.1 KB
      Views:
    • 1.png
      1.png
      File size:
      133.7 KB
      Views:
    • 3.png
      3.png
      File size:
      134.8 KB
      Views:
  2. SIVARTZ

SIVARTZ Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:46928737
    I need the entire chat agreement. In the pictures you have posted there is no mention of how the money was to be distributed or from what source.(BTC,Webmoney, Paypal. ect.)
    I need a full screen picture of your trade history. Unedited.
    I need a picture of your activity screen from the source of payment you were to use.
  3. Clive

Clive SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:43668349
    This thread has been archived since the requested information was not provided. If you obtain the requested information, please create a new report.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.