1. SteamRep is shutting down at the end of 2024. See announcement.

Evidence Provided Report: 76561198102919005 - ([None] No items)

Discussion in 'Pre-2017 Reports' started by IMA'MEX~PROBLEMO?, Sep 4, 2014.

1. IMA'MEX~PROBLEMO?

IMA'MEX~PROBLEMO? New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:34503834
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Rep Fraud] Impersonation with intent to defraud
    Virtual item type involved: [None] No items

Accused profile: 76561198102919005

Victim profile: 76561198029273397

What happened? Description:
    Intent of fraud by impersonating a Youtuber asking for games in exchange of money. Just want to people be aware of this kind of people.​

Provide Evidence:
    I'm not sure if this apply as a intend of fraud because is really dumb, but anyways I'm filling this report because of this guy trying to impersonate a Youtuber. I'm not aware of the names of the Youtuber's because I don't really like those videos so this guy added me saying that if I wanted to play with him and well i was on the moot to play actually but he started to change his conversationto somethin like if I could give him some games and if I do it, he will let me play with him and share his Youtube money.

I didn't know this Youtuber guy at first but when I he told me that started search online, and find out the real purpose of this guy. He probably thought that I was aware that "he was a youtuber", that was his big mistake so I started messing with him

He didn't scammed me but I make this report so he could never do it, there's a lot of kiddos that trust on anyone who claim to be a famous person. I know is a real dumb way to get scammed but hey is a big world.​

Attached Files:

• 1.png
      1.png
      File size:
      78.6 KB
      Views:
    • 2.png
      2.png
      File size:
      76.5 KB
      Views:
    • 3.png
      3.png
      File size:
      83.6 KB
      Views:
  2. Sjru

Sjru Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:13315037
    Steam:
    Hello, mind linking to the real user and youtube channel he's impersonating?
  3. [FoGA]Of Skrillmau5 & Men

[FoGA]Of Skrillmau5 & Men New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:59582603
  4. [FoGA]Of Skrillmau5 & Men

Steam:
  5. Sjru

Sjru Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    Steam:
  6. IMA'MEX~PROBLEMO?

IMA'MEX~PROBLEMO? New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:34503834
    Thanks @[FoGA]Of Skrillmau5 & Men for adding the channel, I totally forgot.
    Also I don't have idea the name/link of the real guy from the Youtube channel but I'm pretty sure is not him.
  7. [FoGA]Of Skrillmau5 & Men

Steam:
    I believe he isn't the actual Vanoss, either, since Vanoss would have a LOT more than 69 hours in COD:BOII
  8. The_Thing

The_Thing Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:14762581
    I am not sure if this confirmed or not, but I had a talk with this 14-year-old. He tells me that his 7-year-old brother was the one who was repeatedly asking for games and impersonating Vanoss.

He told me over voice chat (and didn't even sound like a 7-year-old which meant it was the real him) that he had no intention of scamming anyone or cheating in an online game. He just found out today that he was being reported in this thread.

He told me that his family shares one computer which means that his little brother has access to his YouTube account whenever he is on, though it seems the 14-year-old lacks the knowledge to keep his YouTube separate and secure from his little brother and does not log out.

I recommended him to sit down with his brother and teach him the facts of scamming, impersonating, and hacking and the consequences that were to happen.

Sometimes we have family members who may be doing things out of habit when we do not clearly understand what we are doing in the first place. It is called making a mistake and learning a lesson.

If this guy is telling the truth and I hardly doubt that he is not, then I do not think he should be classified as a scammer, but he should be carefully taught on how to avoid a predicament where the person who does not think of the consequences before their actions does something wrong without the other person's knowledge.