1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Archived Report: 76561198110159721 - ([None] No items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by Senji Kiyomasa, Jul 1, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Senji Kiyomasa

Senji Kiyomasa New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:53615481
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Rep Fraud] Impersonation with intent to defraud
    Virtual item type involved: [None] No items

Accused profile: 76561198110159721

Victim profile: 76561198067496691

What happened? Description:
    I was added by this user and they they told me to contact a Steam Admin to handle a false report since my account was very similar or identical to the alleged scammer they themselves had allegedly fallen victim to prior to our contact. They then provided a link to another account that was done up in a professional looking manner to act as a Steam Admin.​

Provide Evidence:

Attached Files:

2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Who is the other user? You didn't give that info....also did you report BOTH to Valve yet as this is most likely and just about every single one of these is a hijacked account talking to you.
  3. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    @Senji Kiyomasa The accused just posted on their profile they recovered their account - as I suspected likely hijacked.
    Do you wish to continue with report? If so you will need to contact them and have them post here and run thru a few things otherwise I can just archive report.
    Please follow up in next 24hours!
  4. Senji Kiyomasa

Senji Kiyomasa New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:53615481
    Reported them both to Valve. I did not report the other profile as I did not actually make contact with them. I did save their ID64 in case they attempted to contact me but it looks like they have been community banned. Since it is likely they were hijacked as you suspected and the other account has been dealt with I think its fine to archive this.
  5. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Archiving - in the future anything like this just report it to Valve not here. Thanks!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.