1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Need More Info Report: 76561198112353129 - ([CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items)

Discussion in 'Pre-2017 Reports' started by gfantom, May 16, 2016.

1. gfantom

gfantom New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:28237546
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Money] PayPal scam or scam attempt
    Virtual item type involved: [CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items

Accused profile: 76561198112353129

Victim profile: 76561198016740820

What happened? Description:
    14 May 2016, evening: Met Accused in public casual server, was saying he wanted to buy a knife
    Told him to add me, he said he would go first, sent me a picture of invoice for $70 to my PayPal email address
    Claimed he was sending me money from his Swiss bank acc and that it would take a day for it to process
    Told him he would get the knife when I received the money in my PayPal account
    16 May 2016, morning: Messaged him ~36 hrs later, telling him I didn't receive anything
    Replied that he was talking to his accountants
    Confrontation resulted in him unfriending me

Notes: don't have chat logs of Saturday and I didn't enable time stamped messages until just now.
    HOWEVER: He basically admits to the scam by SAYING "GIVE ME TIME \ I'm consulting my accountants".​

Provide Evidence:
    Indefinite proof of trade agreement:
    1st image and 2nd image (ATTACHED)
    View attachment 417027 View attachment 417028

Proof of broken agreement/scam attempt:
    3rd image and 4th image (ATTACHED)
    View attachment 417029 View attachment 417030

Proof of verified Steam ID:
    SAME PICTURES AS Indefinite proof of trade agreement
    View attachment 417027

Attached Files:

2. gfantom

gfantom New User

Steam:
    Oh shoot, I didn't realize this one went through so I tried to resubmit (the submit thread page is kind of buggy).
  3. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    @gfantom provide screen shot full screen of the invoice thru the email when opened..provide full screen of paypal activity.
  4. gfantom

gfantom New User

Steam:
    He sent me a link to Gyazo through Steam chat. I already have a picture of my PayPal activity, but here it is again with the site on classic theme.

Attached Files:

5. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    ok so he sent you that link? You don't have that chat do you? This is where I'm going to have issues without the original agreement noting that URL from Gyazo or what was agreed upon - I honestly don't know if i can nail down the intent without that.
  6. gfantom

gfantom New User

Steam:
    I don't have any older screen caps of the chat log. I feel like his replies are pretty convincing:
    He messages me that he is "just waiting for the knife", implying that he has already sent payment.
    When I told him that I hadn't received anything in PayPal, he replied that he was "consulting [his] accountants", and given that he claimed he had an internship with Blizzard over the summer, I doubt very much that a early-20 year old has an accountant, let alone multiple accountants. And it's suspect that he has to consult multiple accountants on a sub-$100 USD money transfer through PayPal. It sounds like he's just spewing crap to try and convince me that I will receive the money in the near future.
  7. gfantom

gfantom New User

Steam:
    Here are pics of my browser history from Saturday that might help with more proof:

Immediately after the Gyazo link, you can see me check my PayPal account, and follow up with Google searches of common PayPal trade scams. Because he tells me that transfers from Swiss bank accounts, I search for 24 hr PayPal scams and "Switzerland" in the /r/csgotrade subreddit to see if anyone has posts relevant to these keywords. (2nd picture shows that the history is from Saturday.)

Attached Files: