1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Archived Report: 76561198112766979 - ([TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by Balloonicorn Jr., Mar 30, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Balloonicorn Jr.

Balloonicorn Jr. New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:47149034
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Item Fraud] Misrepresenting virtual items
    Virtual item type involved: [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items

Accused profile: 76561198112766979

Victim profile: 76561198133749284

What happened? Description:
    I am currently the Head of Staff of a relatively small server group, known as the GEaRS Youtube Community. (If you would like to discuss this further anyhow, you may search us up and talk to one of us) The user rmc1002 was recently hired as an admin on this server group (March 29th, 2015). Today, (March 30th, 2015) he asked me about this "rare" item, the Strange Psychadelic Rocket Launcher. I told him it was merely a Strange Rocket Launcher with Strange Filter: Hoodoo, so it couldn't be worth more than 9 ref. Not a few minutes later does the server inform us he traded an earbuds and a Bill's hat. I was quite suspicious, so I backtracked the launcher and the buds, and everything unfolded from there. Please see the evidence. I must also note that it was not available to us at the time, the initial chat log between the accused and the victim. I apologize if this (key required piece of evidence) will become an obstacle.​

Provide Evidence:
    I am willing to delve further into this and take more screenshots of missing necessary evidence if needed. If I am missing something, I will gladly do my best to find it and attach it. Until then, I have these pieces of evidence:

View attachment 237758 View attachment 237759 View attachment 237760 View attachment 237761 While I was filing this report, the victim had a private backpack. The victim has kindly agreed to make it public, however, it seems it did not refresh on this web page. When it does, I will take another screen shot and upload that as well. I apologize about this.
    View attachment 237762

Attached Files:

2. Negligent

Negligent New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:86741778
    I am the victim of this and I give permission for this case to be investigated.
  3. Balloonicorn Jr.

Steam:
    An update: It appears the accused, rmc1002, has changed their profile name to "Rawrbar.FC" I have attached to this new photos of the items' histories with the new name. scam6.png scam7.png
    Also I will attach the public links for the screenshots I have took, and the backpacks of both the victim and the accused. They can all be found here:

http://backpack.tf/profiles/76561198133749284 (The Victim)

http://backpack.tf/profiles/76561198112766979 (The Accused)

http://backpack.tf/item/181011807 (Trade history of the buds The Victim was scammed out of)

http://backpack.tf/item/1093114294 (Trade history of the item The Accused sold The Victim. It is now marked as "Unknown," but can be seen on The Victim's profile.)

scam8.png
    Clicking that link will take you to the same link I have supplied, labeled "Trade history of the item The Accused sold The Victim."
  4. Balloonicorn Jr.

Steam:
    Yet another update: Backpack.tf now correctly shows the status of the Strange Rocket Launcher. It can be seen here:

scam9.png

It can alternatively be seen on this link I have previously supplied: http://backpack.tf/item/1093114294
  5. Rawrbawr>FC

Rawrbawr>FC New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:76250625
    Trades are legit and are final
    I don't listen to bp.tf s✿✿✿
    I have never seen one before and the guy wanted it I put a price and he said yes
    So stop this stupid s✿✿✿!
    Or I will make a different account and you will never see me again
  6. Rawrbawr>FC

Rawrbawr>FC New User

Steam:
    It was a phsydelic rocket launceher I have never seen one before so I thought it was alot
    IDC about bp.tf
  7. Balloonicorn Jr.

Steam:
    Let me address some of your points.

• "Trades are legit and are final"
    Not necessarily. Refunds are a thing, and what's that about trades being legit? A scam is not a legit trade, simple as that.

• I don't listen to bp.tf
    I myself have my own opinions on backpack.tf, but what is true about prices there is that they are priced according to the economy's favorite two words: Supply and Demand. Backpack.tf doesn't pull prices out of thin air, it's analyzed through how much people want it and how many exist, including how it is obtainable. Seeing as how any Bob, Joe, or Jack can get a Psychadelic Rocket Launcher by purching a strange rocket launcher and getting Strange Filter: Hoodoo off the Mann, Co. Store for $0.99, I think the aforementioned price is pretty reasonable. It's like saying you don't care about the US Dollar (or any other country's currency)'s price and selling/buying things as you see fit. Doesn't work that way.

• I have never seen one before
    I've never seen M. Night Shamalan's rendition of Avatar: Last Airbender. Is it a good movie? Hah, no.

• the guy wanted it I put a price and he said yes
    Ever watch BBC? One of my favorite shows on that channel is called The Real Hustle, you can look it up on YouTube. It's a great show demonstrating all the different scam tactics in use in the UK today. They're all different but revolve around one theme: Get someone to believe something is worth way more than it is. In one episode, for example, they bought cheap grocery store $0.50 hot dogs and re-packaged it into a plastic hot dog package labeled "100% Gourmet Organic Hot Dogs" and sold them for like $5 a pop. It's insane. And yes, that's scamming.

• Stop this stupid s✿✿✿!
    I gave you a choice, and you chose this path. The ticket has already been sent, anyway, and is now in the huge pile of tickets a SteamRep admin has to look at. Can't stop it now.

• Or I will make a different account and you will never see me again
    Anyone who gets marked as a scammer and creates an alt account will get that alt account as well marked as a scammer. And SteamRep is good when it comes to this sort of thing. They see you trade all your items to another backpack, they'll know it's you, and mark that account as a scammer. And repeat the cycle as many times needed.

Also, dear admins, I believe you can use The Accused's responses above mine as further evidence. Good luck in your case!
  8. Rawrbawr>FC

Rawrbawr>FC New User

Steam:
    When will this be done?
  9. Balloonicorn Jr.

Steam:
    I don't mean to bump this thread (honestly, I've given up hopes on this report) but it appears the accused has moved all his items to another account. Both his TF2 account and CS:GO account have dipped in price to dirt nothing. Either he cashed out or moved his items, but if it's the latter I can't pinpoint a single account he's transferred all the items to. I'll keep looking I suppose.
  10. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    SR doesn't get involved with pricing/value disputes. This seems to be a case of sharking but without any chat logs or evidence showing the discussed amounts and a way to deceive the other there is nothing we will do. I'm archiving this report for now - if the VICTIM has more to add then the VICTIM can make a new report. Thanks!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.