1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Invalid Report: 76561198112938146 - (skaiviz / [None] No items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by That Furry Foxy, Jan 28, 2014.

1. That Furry Foxy

That Furry Foxy New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:40576333
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Accomplice] Alternate account of hijacker or scammer
    Virtual item type involved: [None] No items

Accused profile: 76561198112938146 (skaiviz)

Victim profile: 76561198041418394

What happened? Description:
    SteamcommURLity site phishing scammer. I was phished (because I didn't see the misspelled URL) and provided my creds to the fraud site. Luckily I had Steam Guard so I was able to recover my account within a minute or so. No items were taken, my Steam Wallet is fine, and no games were purchased, added, or removed.

Steam did not warn me when I clicked on the link, probably because the link began with "http://steam..." I think they need to fix that.

I have contacted Steam Support and asked if the hacker was able to actually log in, and whether or not they have the ability to do something that can get my account VAC banned. Steam Support is slow to respond, so I'm still worried that I might get VAC banned in a week or so. Nothing I can do about that.​

Provide Evidence:
    Here is the only place I was able to find a history of the event, because I didn't think to take a screenshot of the chat window before Steam kicked me out when the hacker attempted to log in.

Oops. Forgot I'm running splits, and both monitors got captured. The chat window is on the right.​

Attached Files:

2. Darksoul

Darksoul New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:41878305
  3. Clive

Clive SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:43668349