1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Evidence Provided Report: 76561198115292785 - ([TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items)

Discussion in 'Pre-2017 Reports' started by Sniper Pro, Jul 23, 2014.

1. Sniper Pro

Sniper Pro FirePowered Head Admin Partner Community

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:49525162
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Accomplice] Alternate account of hijacker or scammer
    Virtual item type involved: [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items

Accused profile: 76561198115292785 ()

Victim profile: 76561198098734433

What happened? Description:
    This guy added me originally to sell his B.M.O.C. for Paypal money as I indicated on my trade here: http://www.tf2outpost.com/trade/20462580

I checked his SteamRep and everything look good, so I went ahead and bought it. He went first, all was well.

He then asked if I would be interested in buying the rest of his backpack for Paypal money since he was cashing out and whatnot. He had a relatively small-value backpack so I figured I'd help him out and see if there's anything worth buying in there. He didn't have a ton of goodies, but some hats and miscs, so I told him I'd be interested in a few of those. He and I started to negotiate a bit and it was then that I noticed his profile: 1 game, 79 hours, no friends, no comments, no nothing. Obviously this raised a red flag, so I went back to his bp.tf profile and checked the history on the unusual he has. Sure enough, traded from a scammer. Checked the rest of his items, all from the same scammer. I confronted him and he told me this was his alt account, and then admitted he bought them from a scammer. He wouldn't tell me his actual account, but I did manage to get his "buyer" from whom he bought the scammed items, which I have indicated as the "victim" here.

In addition to this, I'd like to apologize for buying that BMOC off of him in the first place. Being an experienced trader, I understand that it's my responsibility to make sure the person I'm buying from is legitimate, and I failed. I know that had I not made this report no one would have found out and that would have been the end of it, but I feel it my responsibility to report this alt account despite the fact that it jeopardizes my own, for the benefit of the community as a whole.​

Provide Evidence:
    Below I have uploaded the entire conversation we had when he first brought up the proposition of selling me his whole backpack. I don't have the dialogue from before that unfortunately as I closed the chat window.

Within the chat dialogue, you can see that I had him confirm his SteamRep page and that of his "buyer" which he admits is the scammer he bought the items off of. This may very well be his true alt account, but it can't really be absolutely confirmed from what I have here.​

Attached Files:

2. SIVARTZ

SIVARTZ Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:46928737
    Provide me with the history of the item in a full screen browser please.
  3. Sniper Pro

Sniper Pro FirePowered Head Admin Partner Community

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:49525162
    Here is the history of the BMOC: http://backpack.tf/item/644378972

If you check the other items in his backpack, you'll notice they all went directly from Nope#Quitting to him.
  4. SIVARTZ

SIVARTZ Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:46928737
    Ready for review.
  5. gosty7

gosty7 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:51431054
    i bought his backpack and i didn't know he was a scammer D:
    this is my first time paypal trading. Now i can look after stuff in the future. I had no idea he was an alt. Sorry guys. Could i get banned for this if anyone knows?