1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted Report: 76561198115721685 - ([TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by Ervinke44, Jun 10, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ervinke44

Ervinke44 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:76352985
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Item Fraud] Misrepresenting virtual items
    Virtual item type involved: [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items

Accused profile: 76561198115721685

Victim profile: 76561198112971699

What happened? Description:
    I simply got a Trade Offer for my Unusual hat. It was a high valued item. That of course would've been, if the item would've been Craftable instead of Uncraftable. Because of the high reputation of this person, I must report it because it's sickening that somebody like them would do such thing. I don't know the person, he's a random trader. See more information in "Provide Evidence" section.​

Provide Evidence:
    I will try my best to explain what happened with the pictures below.
    ^ I am sickened that someone with such high value of inventory would offer a uncraftable item, attempting to trick me via Trade Offers into selling a high value item to something worth much much less.
    View attachment 717068
    ^ Here is the Non-Craftable item's price on Backpack.TF

This here is the link he provided with the Trade Offer:
    https://backpack.tf/classifieds?item=Flip-Flops&quality=6&tradable=1&australium=-1
    It essentially takes you to the Classifieds of said item, but it isn't saying whether it takes you to the Craftable version or Un-Craftable version of said item. It actually takes you to both versions, which would confuse somebody and push somebody into accepting the trade offer if they didn't check if the Item was Craftable or Not. Below is a picture, if you didn't click on the link, might as well check it here;
    View attachment 717071

A note to reviewers;
    - NO items were traded.
    - NO further information was provided.
    - There is NO chat between the victim and accused.

As it might've been a simple offer for an Unusual hat, it's quite "misleading" and I am failing to believe that this individual with such a high valued inventory would simply send the wrong item in the trade, even after putting a link in the Offer that would mislead the victim, making them into think that they're getting tons of profit with that trade, that of course if they didn't check whether the item is Craftable or not

I am reporting this individual for "Misrepresenting virtual items", because as a high-valued inventory owner, they should know better instead of trying to "scam"/"mislead" smaller traders such as myself. Here is the accused's inventory, in case anybody is interested.
    https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198115721685/inventory/

Either what I said is true, or I am overreacting. I am sorry if this was a huge waste of your time.​

Attached Files:

2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    @Ervinke44 Ok first off all of your images are unacceptable... we do not want cropped screenshots, they must be FULL screen.
    I need to know what context you have to say the user was trying to deceive you...now I see a message or part of it on a trade offer but I can't make it out so how about lets start with a FULL screenshot of the trade offer you received.
  3. Ervinke44

Ervinke44 New User

Steam:
    I believe I explained everything above, although I'm sorry that I didn't put full resolution pictures. I didn't really realise I had to do that. This was also my first time posting something like this.
    At this point in time, I am in school and the trade offer has been automatically cancelled by the system because the item is no longer available in the trader's inventory. But here is a picture from my phone of the trade offer. I also believe that I sent the link he sent with the offer. Please check it above, thoroughly.

Here are extra pictures of the accused's profile. v

^ Here is the price of the accused's UnCraftable item.

^ Up here is where the link he sent leads to. Check it yourself if you can make it out from the previous pictures.

To answer your question, I believe my reasoning for the person being a scammer is because of that trade offer and that link he sent with it. I explained this above but I'll explain it again. The link takes you to the classifieds of said item that he was offering but it does not specify in the URL whether the item is Craftable or not, therefore the Craftable option appears at the Buy Orders the highest because the Craftable version of the item is more valuable. If it was somebody with a private profile that did this, I would've declined the trade and moved on with my day. The reason I haven't, is because of this person's valuable inventory. Small traders like myself look up to these bigger traders. It is sickening that somebody like them would attempt to trick a smaller trader. Again, I said all this above and I apologise for the cropped photos. I hope photos on phone are acceptable.

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 11, 2019
  4. Ervinke44

Ervinke44 New User

Steam:
    Update:
    I didn't know that I will arrive home from school this early, so I have made new pictures on my personal computer. They are not cropped.

About this picture ^ , This is what I said in my previous post above:

Attached Files:

5. Ervinke44

Ervinke44 New User

Steam:
    Oh also, forgot to add this picture. My apologies:

This is the picture of the accused's profile.

Attached Files:

6. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Thanks that is all I need... from now on don't use mobile screens and please don't embed the images like you did..all that does is inflate the report with super large pictures that I have to scroll thru, I've fixed those posts so all we need to do is click on the images as they are uploaded.
    I'll finish reviewing this shortly.
    Nothing else needed and no need to post again.
    Ervinke44 likes this.
  7. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Your report was accepted and the accused was banned. Feel free to report a violation via their Steam profile.

In order to do that, you have to:
    1. Visit the accuseds profile
    2. Click MORE drop-down located at the top right of the page
    3. Choose REPORT VIOLATION
    4. Select the violation, then describe it and provide the evidence
    5. Click SUBMIT REPORT

Click here to view an animated gif that shows how to report a violation.
    Ervinke44 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.