1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Declined Report: 76561198116873708 - ([CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by mairou, Feb 8, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mairou

mairou New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:13620
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Item Fraud] Quick-switch trade scam or attempt
    Virtual item type involved: [CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items

Accused profile: 76561198116873708

Victim profile: 76561197960292969

What happened? Description:
    He offered me wrong knife when I assumed the integrity of this person was good to trust him, but he offered me same item but lower value. After I accepted the trade, he instantly removed me, blocked me and didn't even say that it was a mistake, but a known attempt in which he succeeded.​

Provide Evidence:
    I got contacted by this steamuser and he said he had a offer for my M9 Bayonet | Fade (FN).

He offered me his Butterfly Knife | Crimson Web (MW) + Adds for my M9 Bayonet | Fade (FN).

As you can read from the chatlogs, we agreed on the one with center webs, as it is more valuable than the other one without. After we had agreed on the trade I requested him to send me a trade offer.

He sent me the offer, but with the lower value.

I know this is my mistake and I should've inspected the knife, but as I trust too much people, s✿✿✿ happens.

It is clearly he had this in his mind and this was not a mistake from his end as he removed me right after and blocked the communication, no means even trying to fix this.

This kind of activity should be punishable, and I understand that it was my mistake not to inspect, but we agreed upon the deal and both parties should hold their end of the agreement. It wasn't big loss, but it is loss still, and he clearly had that maliciuous behave in his mind beforehand. View attachment 211662

Attached Files:

2. mairou

mairou New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:13620
    Here

Attached Files:

• skem.png
      skem.png
      File size:
      343.4 KB
      Views:
  3. alkon

alkon SteamRep Moderator

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:54985637
    Hello @mairou,

Unfortunately your report cannot be processed further because the screenshots are cropped which is against our policy.
    In the future please follow the requirements which you can see here; https://forums.steamrep.com/threads/report-submission-fundamentals.169802/ https://forums.steamrep.com/threads/screenshot-guide-requirements.157969/
    Furthermore, you are missing any proof of agreement which indicated you agreed on the trade.
    In case if you still happen to have unedited evidence, please contact me and this will be re-opened.

You can report the user to Valve instead
    In order to do that, you have to:
    1. Visit the accused profile
    2. Click MORE drop-down located at the top right of the page
    3. Choose REPORT VIOLATION
    4. Select the violation, then describe it and provide the evidence
    5. Click SUBMIT REPORT

With that in mind, there isn't enough evidence to prove the accused is guilty of wrongdoing.
    Regardless, thank you for reporting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.