1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted Report: 76561198121560400 - ([TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by Existing Fault, Apr 21, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Existing Fault

Existing Fault Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:43579554
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Other] Any other fraudulent behavior
    Virtual item type involved: [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items

Accused profile: 76561198121560400

Victim profile: 76561198047424837

What happened? Description:
    So the accused; Ace, adds me out of the blue, asking me to trade, since he says that he wants to buy my unusual. I ask him which one he wants to buy and he chose my Unusual Lil' Bitey Starstorm Slumber, I was a little suspicious since he wanted to buy something of mine and I wasn't up to selling it, I told him we hadn't shared any friends or groups so that put me on an edge since I was assuming he had come here to scam me out of an unusual. He asked how much and since the Unusual I had was worth 42.5 keys, I explained it had a range and that it was at that said price but I wasn't really feeling up to selling an unusual that I love so I made him an offer of 45 keys, telling him that the cheapest seller on bp.tf was 50 keys, so he makes me a whopping offer of 50 keys, I was thinking; "Damn, maybe I'll sell it to him."

But then, he tells me that he wants to have an assurance from me or at least an assurance person, so I got suspicious when he asked to hire some admins to "safely trade", this gave me the clear red flag of him attempting to scam me, so I try to play for a few minutes like I want to trade with him, telling him that he has to make the backpack public and that he has to prove to me that he can trade, because I sent him a trade and a trade offer, he can't do either.

He tells me a sop story of him losing his investment over some fraud items, I get a little pissed off at him and attack back a bit, telling him that I don't blame the admins because he assumed I had and that it wasn't their fault, it was his. He then gets angry, tells me a nursery rhyme and as soon as I bust his whole operation wide open, he removes me.

At the end of this, nothing was lost except my time that I spent chatting to him.

Warning: I did crop the chat a little, unknowing that this was a thing but all I chopped off with when the chat hit the bottom of the steam box and cut the text in half.​

Provide Evidence:
    The evidence of the chat has been provided below or above. View attachment 547202 View attachment 547203 View attachment 547204 View attachment 547205

Attached Files:

2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Well you cut the user off too fast - would have liked to have gotten the other user involved but ohh well.

Attached Files:

3. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Your report was accepted and the accused was banned. Feel free to report a violation via their Steam profile.

In order to do that, you have to:
    1. Visit the accuseds profile
    2. Click MORE drop-down located at the top right of the page
    3. Choose REPORT VIOLATION
    4. Select the violation, then describe it and provide the evidence
    5. Click SUBMIT REPORT

Click here to view an animated gif that shows how to report a violation.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.