1. SteamRep is shutting down at the end of 2024. See announcement.

Pending Report: 76561198124107241 - ([TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items)

Discussion in 'Pre-2017 Reports' started by Irregular Maintenance, Dec 6, 2014.

1. Irregular Maintenance

Irregular Maintenance New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:62222083
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Other] Any other fraudulant behavior
    Virtual item type involved: [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items

Accused profile: 76561198124107241

Victim profile: 76561198084709895

What happened? Description:
    After an earlier conversation about items in which he was polite and nice. This person messaged me [Irregular Maintenance] asking for approximately six free hats of any kind, due to his politeness earlier I was sure that he was joking around trolling, or just begging as most new players do. After saying that I cannot give him six hats he proceeds to tell me that it is for a film that Valve is producing, in which if I give him the items, I will be rewarded with 50 keys. At this point I start to get confused and tell him to stop or he will be reported to steam and, here, but it seems he continues to ignores my proposals of reporting him. He then says that I now only need to donate three hats as opposed to six, so, to provide further investigation I offer him a trade and put a fair amount of my items in, more than six. And then without putting any items inside of the offer, he clicks that he is ready to trade. I then tell him that I will give him a 30 key unusual as soon as my friend contacts me (a lie, of course) in which he tells me to hurry up, the conversation goes on for much longer, I will screencap it rather than typing. Thanks for your time​

Provide Evidence:
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 7, 2014