1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Pending Report: 76561198125654227 - ([CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items)

Discussion in 'Pre-2017 Reports' started by Kapp[A]preppe | trade.tf, Nov 14, 2015.

1. Kapp[A]preppe | trade.tf

Kapp[A]preppe | trade.tf New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:54577374
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Other] Any other fraudulant behavior
    Virtual item type involved: [CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items

Accused profile: 76561198125654227

Victim profile: 76561198069420477

What happened? Description:
    I was added out of the blue by the accused. He offered to buy my knife for either keys or any upgraded knife i wanted. This seemed very fishy upon looking at his profile and chatting more it is pretty clear that the accused is up to no good.

I didn't have enough time to go through with the scam to get good proof but this should be enough for a caution tag. The guy is clearly running a scam attempt, most likely the accused is running a variant of the "middleman scam" where a clone of the middleman that he links to in the description is used.

Also no playtime on the account with 100 hours on Dota 2 as only activity also makes me feel suspicious towards the accused.​

Provide Evidence:
    Chat Log:
    Friday, November 13, 2015
    Kapp[A]preppe | trade.tf: hey
    BlueStacks: Open for trading?
    Kapp[A]preppe | trade.tf: ye
    BlueStacks: Ok. I can offer Pure keys or an Upgraded knife, which of them do you want?
    Kapp[A]preppe | trade.tf: upgraded knife
    Kapp[A]preppe | trade.tf: would be nice
    BlueStacks: So what knife do you prefer
    BlueStacks: ?
    Kapp[A]preppe | trade.tf: you dont have any knives?
    BlueStacks: Dont wory, I have a Private dealer to buy the offer. So just tell me what do you prefer mate.
    Kapp[A]preppe | trade.tf: you know i run a anti scam group dont you?
    BlueStacks: ??
    Kapp[A]preppe | trade.tf: and i also create and help with alot of steamrep reports
    Kapp[A]preppe | trade.tf: just thought you should know before we trade :)

His profile description as of time of report:

MY TRADING RULES FOR MY ASSURANCE.
    I KNOW YOU WILL THINK IM SCAMMING YOU BUT NO I WONT

THIS IS MY RULES OF TRADING, ITS FOR MY ASSURANCE NOT TO WASTE MY MONEY AGAIN.
    First i will offer keys or other knife cause i have keys and knife dealer.

Second i want assurance you wont cancel the deal or accept any other offers while im getting the offer to my dealer.

I need a holder to hold your knife while im buying the offer to my dealer. And if the holder already holding your knife, I can proceed to get the offer to my private dealer. And when I got the offer, you are free to get your knife back. As soon as I have the Offer in my Inventory.

Many People says that it was a Middleman Scam, well. Those rules are just for my assurance. And I can do a Huge overpay also if you let me assure in this deal.

I need the Steam holder just to do some assistance, kindly read those rules and Understand. And if you agree, then we can proceed. But if not, then tell it to me so I can remove you so we can cancel the deal right away

He is the Holder this is not a Fake link or Scam link.

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197961559329/

Attached Files:

2. Sebb767

Sebb767 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:40807419
    I second this. The account looks pretty suspicious with few activity. Here offered me a good deal, but I should trade my knife to a friend. At this point I blocked him. No screenshots unfortunatly :/