1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted Report: 76561198129141342 - ([TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by TwisT_Montaine, Dec 23, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TwisT_Montaine

TwisT_Montaine New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:1541246
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Money] PayPal scam or scam attempt
    Virtual item type involved: [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items

Accused profile: 76561198129141342

Victim profile: 76561197963348220

What happened? Description:
    So I met this guy on a trade server and was willing to initially give me 32 pure keys in exchange for an Unusual hot Iron bomber (holiday horror skin). A day past by and he still didn't have the keys in his inventory. He said marketplace.tf didn't review his order yet (probably a lie because he never sent a screenshot). So he "refunded" the order on marketplace.tf and said he wanted to give it straight to me via PayPal. Since I had already done PayPal trades, this was okay for me under following conditions: The one who sends the money, goes first. The one who sends the item has to receive the money on PayPal first before sending the item (will bring that later up). We both agreed on these terms.

Also, side note, I asked him if I just could list the item on marketplace.tf and he said it'll have the same problem as with the keys. So with other words, he tried avoiding safe transactions.

Furthermore, we agree on a description of the PayPal transaction trade to prevent any refunds. He later claims PayPal business accounts can't refund (Idk if this is true but I find this VERY unlikely). Then he claims that the money is sent. I didn't receive anything (and normally you get the money instantly via PayPal). He "contacts" a PayPal support chat service (which PayPal has?? For Belgium, there only exists a phone line). He also claims UK PayPal has a different layout so he can't show his history or he'll leak bank details (which I think is also lied). He then screenshots his balance only (not even name or mail) and claims it's his balance and the money is "gone" from his account (and he probably did that with element inspect). Later on, I should have "received" a receipt from PayPal (which I haven't) where it says he sent the money. He screenshotted it and within the screenshot, there were 2 mistakes so I very sus at this point that he was attempting to scam me. Later he brings up the term "invoice". This is a common scam to trick non-native users into believing you received money (instead of a bill). So yeah, when I called that out, he changed story AGAIN and then sends me a trade offer and forces me to accept or he'll report me for scamming. I put my foot down, stayed calm and said that this isn't going like the terms we agreed on earlier. He then chat spams me, I call him out for making everything up (while I was refreshing my PayPal balance every minute) and he went on to remove and block me.​

Provide Evidence:
    For the next part, it's the entire chat. I couldn't retrieve the entire chat from desktop BUT I had the chat still open on mobile so I recorded it and screenshotted everything. (Please bear with me, I made 100+ screens just so this guy gets banned lol).

-----

scam attempt.png - This was the item he wanted to scam and even wrote a description "PayPal"
    scammer paypal.png - My balance history (where you can see I didn't receive any 49€ yesterday
    scammer blocked me.png - Proof the scammer has blocked me
    scam attempt69.png - Proof where he claims the money has been "sent"
    terms of agreement.jpg - Proof where we both agree on the terms that only after I see the money appear on my PayPal account, that I'm sending the item to him. He responded and I quote "That seems fair"
    money gone.jpg - Proof again where he insinuates the money has left his balance (and therefore saying I should have received it)
    scam attempt7.png - Proof where he doesn't want to add me on discord to screenshare his monitor because "he has no time for that" and also not showing his history to confirm if the money actually left his balance.
    scam attempt9.png - This chat box includes this gyazo (https://gyazo.com/fccbea0d166e269f8c69d9574b777b6c). It's a short recorded gyazo where you can see me refreshing the page at midnight (and the money should have been in my account already for a full hour)
    agreement price.jpg - Proof we agreed on 49€
    marketplace.jpg - Proof where he claims that marketplace.tf "doesn't allow" his PayPal.
    fake invoic.jpg - This chat includes this gyazo (https://gyazo.com/6925ce4e2b178656c5517c776d9b660e). He made this "receipt" himself and claiming it was from PayPal. How do I know this isn't from him? Well he made 2 mistakes. First the money is displayed without ",00" at thend => 49 EUR instead of 49,00 EUR. Secondly, in the middle of my personal info (which I gave him); it doesn't show my 2nd name (but his does) and there is a space before "Unknown" (for company name I assume?) which I actually have so it can't be that.
    uk different.jpg - Proof where he claims the UK PayPal layout is different and so he is not willing to send his recent activities.
    no refund.jpg - Proof where he claims that he can't refund his transaction (basically telling me I have to accept the offer since he can't go back) which is not true. You can chargeback any transaction you've sent.
    says has an alt!.jpg - Claims to have an alt account. If this is true, it should also be banned. He never sent me his alt account unfortunally.
    past.jpg - I called him out saying he had 2 -reps on backpack.tf because he attempted to scam 2 persons and thus wasn't trustable at the time. On the same day we were about to trade, they got removed because those scam attempts were 5 years ago. Well, you know what they say, once a scammer, always a scammer...

-----

This was my first steamrep report, I tried my best to give as much info as possible and tried to be discrete and complete at the same time.​

Attached Files:

2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691

Attached Files:

3. TwisT_Montaine

TwisT_Montaine New User

Steam:
    That is correct. The user claimed multiple times that the money went off his balance into my account. Also, I took a screenshot of my history (scammer paypal.png) where you can see I haven't received anything from a guy called "Joe ...." in the last 2 days.
    The image you refer to is indeed from my PayPal account. I sent it to him, showing him that I didn't receive the money.
  4. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    ok I need a new full screen of paypal - FULL screen. Even task bar showing!
    Also need to see trade inventory history for last two days - thru steam client again full screen.
  5. TwisT_Montaine

TwisT_Montaine New User

Steam:
  6. TwisT_Montaine

TwisT_Montaine New User

Steam:
    Also, I just checked his backpack.tf history and it seems he does have an alt account with a private inventory to hide his valuable tradeable items: https://backpack.tf/profiles/76561198129141342#!/compare/1576886400/1576972800 This is coincidentally on the exact same day as the day when he failed his scam on me. If you check the history of the following items that have been removed; Strange Killstreak Grenade Launcher (https://backpack.tf/item/2228985326), Cloud 9 Tavish DeGroot Experience (https://backpack.tf/item/2718290799),
    Strange Haunted Ghosts Scotsman's Skullcutter (Field-Tested) (https://backpack.tf/item/8112615408), Strange Toowoomba Tunic (https://backpack.tf/item/8348241221), Strange Dead of Night (https://backpack.tf/item/8348248341), Strange Weight Room Warmer (https://backpack.tf/item/8348252100), and the other items (which aren't even worth 5 ref), all of them aren't trackable and in a private inventory. This means that this user is trying to run with all of his tradeable items on a different account (aka an alt).

(Also, Im going to bed now so I won't be anwsering in the next 10 hours)
  7. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    ALL EVIDENCE must be hosted HERE to report - I asked for TWO screenshots or one of the paypal and whatever shows of your trade inventory history.
    They must be uploaded to report not hosted to gyazo or any other 3rd party hosting sites.
    I also do not care what backpack.tf has or shows.
  8. TwisT_Montaine

TwisT_Montaine New User

Steam:
    upload_2019-12-24_12-49-4.png (screenshot of my PayPal activities FULL SCREEN)
    All others are my trade history inventory

Im sorry that I wasn't using printscreens like these ones.

Attached Files:

9. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Your report was accepted and the accused was banned. Feel free to report a violation via their Steam profile.

In order to do that, you have to:
    1. Visit the accuseds profile
    2. Click MORE drop-down located at the top right of the page
    3. Choose REPORT VIOLATION
    4. Select the violation, then describe it and provide the evidence
    5. Click SUBMIT REPORT

Click here to view an animated gif that shows how to report a violation.

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2020
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.