1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Declined Report: 76561198132960686 - ([CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by Knubble!, Oct 19, 2014.

1. Knubble!

Knubble! New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:52926971
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Other] Any other fraudulant behavior
    Virtual item type involved: [CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items

Accused profile: 76561198132960686

Victim profile: 76561198066119670

What happened? Description:
    I know that cases like this often don’t count as fraud, yet I ask you to consider this anyway because he gained 3 pure buds by deciding to ignore my mistake.

The situation:
    I offered on his outpost trade for a stattrak factory new bayonet fade: 13 buds (I was going to go higher later on). Additionally I wanted to send him an offer for it on steam.

The mistake:
    I accidentally sent the trade offer for his factory new bayonet fade (no stattrak).

Him knowingly accepting that I accidentally sent a wrong offer
    (proof by the screenshots and links at the bottom)

The amount he gained by ignoring the mistake:
    3 buds. I accidentally paid 13 buds, his B/O was 12 buds, yet he immediately bought a new one for 10 buds.

I know that I have made a mistake and that the fault of losing my items solely is mine. Yet I still believe that he/she should be reported, as her actions following my mistake were definitely questionable.
    If somebody accidentally hands you a 100$ bill instead of a 1$ and asks to get it back shortly after, admitting his mistake, not giving it back would be wrong too, wouldn’t it?​

Provide Evidence:
    Knife I offered on: (wanted to buy, initial trade offer)

http://www.tf2outpost.com/trade/22782607

[​IMG]

The knife I accidentally bought:

http://www.tf2outpost.com/trade/22449309

[​IMG]

The offer I accidentally sent:

[​IMG]

The offers I sent to excuse myself and ask for my items back:

[​IMG]
    In this trade I offered him his B/O on the stattrak knife by including the knife I accidentally bought as 13 buds. He declined the offer without response.
    [​IMG]

You can see that 10 buds are already missing. Right after receiving my items, he went ahead and bought a new fn fade bayonet for 10 of the 13buds I paid him (http://www.tf2outpost.com/trade/23109692 ).

Unless his IQ lies within the lower 2-digit area, he must have realized at that point, that an obvious mistake has been made. Nobody would have sent him an offer for 1 bud more than his B/O when there is another one available for 2 buds less.

Additionally I had already sent him the trade offers as well as posted on the trade on outpost, which he ignored.

He also ignored my add, as well as a comment on his profile (he has already deleted it, so no proof can be provided for this)

Also he posted on tf2outpost.com after I sent posted on his trade, so he most likely read my messages informing him of my mistake.

Thank you for looking into this.

I’d be happy to provide further proof if needed. Again, I know that this was my fault, but this is about at least 100US$, so I hope that you will see the ignorance on his as a fraudal action.​

Attached Files:

2. ImmJai

ImmJai New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:79454898
    As a friend of Mato i cannot see how this is his/her's fault at all. Not sure if you've read the T&C of Steam Trading but, it clearly says that: "All trades are final" Not sure if you know what that means but its pretty self explanatory. It's your fault for not checking if they Bayonet was Statrak/Non Statrak you're the one at fault here so this thread is useless.
    This is pretty funny and hypocritical as you cannot work out which bayonet is Statrak and Non Statrak then you go on further to whine about it on steamrep and asking for a ban /thread
  3. -shaoliN-

-shaoliN- New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:36412073
    This is not a scam. In the end it was your fault, as harsh as that might sound.
  4. Scorchy

Scorchy New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:67726013
    He's a scammer actually, i saw this often of csgolounge (1 trade out of 10 is this), the guy says: Trade Offer Only, and in his inventory he has the same item but with a cheaper exterior or non-stattrak knowing that someone will fall and send offer for the wrong one, that's why he refuse people to add him.

I don't think you'll get him ban or see your buds back, just be more careful, i almost lost a knife like that, and most important; Trust No One.
  5. Syrah「✔」

Syrah「✔」 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:27839016
    So... trading earbuds, that's a thing now :p?
  6. ImmJai

ImmJai New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:79454898
    Have you got Autisim? Mato had a Statrak Bayonet and a normal Bayonet in her inventory. I'm not sure how the f✿✿✿ your comparing this thread to that. She was also not using CSGOLounge She was using TF2OP. It was his fault for clicking the wrong item. /thread
  7. Mattie!

Mattie! SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:5712733
    Without a prior trade agreement between you and him, if you send him a trade offer, it has to be considered the trade agreement itself. Otherwise everyone with buyer's remorse would claim the same thing.

If you do have evidence of a prior trade agreement directly between you two, then send it to me via conversation and I'll re-open. His threads on outpost don't comment (unless he's responding to your offer or similar).

Very sorry about your mistake, but this guy didn't defraud you. He just was not a nice guy at all. While I personally think it's rotten to treat other traders this way and not show at least some compassion, it's not something SteamRep can ban for.