1. SteamRep is shutting down at the end of 2024. See announcement.

Invalid Report: 76561198133018334 - ([TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by Hoovy Pootismann, Aug 29, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hoovy Pootismann

Hoovy Pootismann New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:49397569
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Other] Any other fraudulent behavior
    Virtual item type involved: [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items

Accused profile: 76561198133018334

Victim profile: 76561198059060866

What happened? Description:
    Who would've thought that this drama could get any worse?
    I recently reported a scammer named "Thux" not too long ago and apparently one of his buddies claimed that he's been paid to force me into giving away TF2 items or else I'll get my account hijacked and get a VAC ban.

He showed me three screenshots of the Steam Support page where I'm about to get my password and my email changed.
    Except those screenshots are a load of bullshit because:
    1. My account name is NOT "Hoovyspenser"
    2. I DON'T have an emaill address that ends with "@g****.c**"
    3. In order to access my Steam account, the person would need my account name and then the randomised code from my phone in order to get pass Steam Guard.

I have not fallen for it and thankfully, nothing really happens after the person's last message but this kind of action seriously needs to be taken care of because the nature of this scam is quite threatening.​

Provide Evidence:
    The attached files should be evidence that the chatlog did happened and the scammer literally mentions Thux's name as highlighted on the image "SteamChat5".​

[22:04]
    BigSniper101:
    Hello, Hoovyspenser
    We need a talk.

[22:06]
    Hoovyspenser:
    Yeah, what is it?

BigSniper101:
    Someone gave me some money to go contact you about something serious.

Hoovyspenser:
    Really?

[22:07]
    BigSniper101:
    Like, take a quick look at this.
    https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd....041/8521EF7BE8AA05C17B32FDE687800C190BE9E47C/
    https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd....428/712EA8174ACA27DB726B6AE2D7B602BC5D9D5ABC/
    https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd....914/9EDA919FB7E863F765DB719F9E63526626CE824A/
    They told me to grab your items out of your inventory and send it to them, they're using my services.
    So if you decide to comply, we will not take actions against you any further.
    If you decide to block and unfriend me, this will not help you "run" away, and you will be hacked and receive a VAC ban with Free LMAObox.
    And there is nothing you can do about, but i'm sorry, but someone paid me $200.00 to do this.

[22:09]
    Hoovyspenser:
    Right, how can I be so sure this isn't some kind of scam.

[22:10]
    BigSniper101:
    We're giving you a chance here, you'll give up some of your Team Fortress 2 items, and you'll be good to go, failure to cooperate with us will result in your account being hijacked and getting a VAC Banned for Team Fortress 2 that's impossible to appeal.
    And no, this isn't a scam, we're blackmailing you because we're paid to do it.
    Remember the account i'm on is a hijacked person who failed to give up the items, they haven't received a VAC Ban because we need to take the items out first.
    So remember, if you report "this" account, you're reporting a innocent person who we're hijacked by us.

[22:12]
    Hoovyspenser:
    Oh yeah? Well guess what, my account name is NOT "Hoovyspenser" and I don't use a gmail account as my email for my Steam account.

[22:12]
    BigSniper101:
    This page is in German Edition.

[22:13]
    Hoovyspenser:
    Doesn't matter, it would always show the account name.

[22:13]
    BigSniper101:
    You speak American language and on american page, that's why it's not showing your nickname.
    And for your email, I really don't know if all the info you "have" are correct anyways, but they're not needed to conquer your account.
    So you have an hour left to decide, either you're giving up some of your TF2 items, and you will perish.
    or*
    Time's ticking.

[22:16]
    Hoovyspenser:
    The only way you could see that Support page is if you actually signed in into my account and it requires my phone too because of Steam Guard.

[22:16]
    BigSniper101:
    We used a tool called "BruteForce" and tried many list of codes to get inside your account.
    They're a very powerful effective tool, and i'm not going to tell you more further about as you will abuse it on innocent people.
    It's a extremely fast proxy changing process.

[22:17]
    Hoovyspenser:
    Again, you need to sign in with the account name which you have no idea what it is.

[22:23]
    Hoovyspenser:
    Yeah, I'm not falling for it.
    Go ahead and lie that you used a tool to get past Steam Guard, I won't believe you because you have failed to realsie that you required to have my account name before you need to get past Steam Guard.

[22:25]
    BigSniper101:
    We got your Steam Username from the person named Thux.
    He is the person who paid us $200.00 to blackmail you.

[22:26]
    Hoovyspenser:
    I knew it was Thux who sent you.

[22:26]
    BigSniper101:
    He paid us.
    Not sent us.
    You have 40 minutes remaining to comply with us.

[22:27]
    Hoovyspenser:
    Heh, how would he know he seen the account name.
    Hmm?

BigSniper101:
    You know it.

Hoovyspenser:
    Know what?
    How in what way could he see my account name?

[22:30]
    BigSniper101:
    You have 35~ minutes left.

[22:30]
    Hoovyspenser:
    I'm still calling it bullshit.

[22:31]
    BigSniper101:
    You can call it whatever you'd like, but at the last minute, you will be crying very loud that your account got hijacked and VAC Banned, and you will be suffering depression.
    Nobody want's that, right?

[22:32]
    Hoovyspenser:
    Heh, it's still bullshit.
    My account name is not "Hoovyspenser" and I don't use a Gmail account to setup my Steam account ever.

[22:33]
    BigSniper101:
    In the German Version of Steam of our, it shows your nickname first.
    And I don't know anything about your emails in anyway.
    But they're not needed to make you cry loud.
    And I never said your username is "Hoovyspenser"

[22:36]
    Hoovyspenser:
    I don't believe the German version of Steam does that and my current email address doesn't have "@g****.c**" at the end.

[22:37]
    BigSniper101:
    Check it yourself.
    Dumbass.

[22:38]
    Hoovyspenser:
    Yeah, I just did. I'm not a f✿✿✿✿✿✿ impressionable kid.
    It's not "@g****.c**".

[22:40]
    BigSniper101:
    25~ Minutes Left.

[22:42]
    Hoovyspenser:
    Oh yeah, I'm so scared.
    It's not like I can literally screenshotted the entire chatlog and prove that I'm not the one who used an aimbot in a game I don't have much interest in as much. That doesn't mean I would throw the items away.

[22:43]
    BigSniper101:
    20 Minutes Left.
    15 Minutes Left.
    I can't wait to hear your crying, and screaming.
    10 Minutes Left.
    5 Minutes Left.
    Australian Fatass
    1 Minute.

Attached Files:

2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Unfortunately, SteamRep does not accept reports dealing with hijacking/phishing/hacking -Due to current Investigative Policy
    http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/investigative-policy.140101/

This includes anything to do with API key requests, wrong or misspelled URL's and sites requesting logins of any type in attempts to steal your credentials.
    These are phishing/hijacking attempts and are not to be reported to SteamRep!

You can report the user to Valve instead
    In order to do that, you have to:
    1. Visit the accuseds profile
    2. Click MORE drop-down located at the top right of the page
    3. Choose REPORT VIOLATION
    4. Select the violation, then describe it and provide the evidence
    5. Click SUBMIT REPORT

Click here to view an animated gif that shows how to report a violation.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.