1. SteamRep is shutting down at the end of 2024. See announcement.

Pending Report: 76561198136520437 - ([TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items)

Discussion in 'Pre-2017 Reports' started by c0inboy, Nov 23, 2014.

1. c0inboy

c0inboy New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:49768816
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Item Fraud] Misrepresenting virtual items
    Virtual item type involved: [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items

Accused profile: 76561198136520437

Victim profile: 76561198059803360

What happened? Description:
    A more complicated scam, I'll try my best to explain.

I am added by what I assume is Swirl's alt/accomplice, Sida. Sida wants to trade his knife for my unusual. Before he trades, he tells me about how he wants an item being sold on the market by Swirl, which is being sold for about 112 USD. I tell him I don't have any money and he suggests adding him myself since he got "blocked" by Sida.

I'm able to get a hold of Swirl and I ask if he could pull his item off the market. After explaining the situation to Swirl, he pulls the item off the market and I trade him. I ended up trading my unusual for some autographed visage for Dota.

I go back to Sida and he runs off without trading me. I return to Swirl and he blocked me, along with keeping Sida on his friend's list.

After a day of a price check thread, someone tells me the visage is worthless.

My accusation would be that Swirl is scamming items in this way and is sending it to another account ( My unusual went to R+ubi [ 76561198002757046 ] ). It also so happens that this R+ubi is quickselling around 100+ unusuals.

I would like Swirl marked so others know not to fall for this like I did. It sucked.​

Provide Evidence:
    *Notes, I do have an SS of chat with Swirl, but none with Sida at this moment. I can prove I asked Swirl about Sida and that I did trade my unusual for his visage.

View attachment 173775 Screenshot of chat with Swirl - Couldn't load it all.
    View attachment 173776 Proof of trade.
    View attachment 173777 Proof of Swirl's alt/friend blocking me.​

Attached Files: