1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted Report: 76561198136913685 - ([TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by -=MF=- UNDERSCORE_, Feb 20, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. -=MF=- UNDERSCORE_

-=MF=- UNDERSCORE_ New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:38748376
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Other] Any other fraudulent behavior
    Virtual item type involved: [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items

Accused profile: 76561198136913685

Victim profile: 76561198136913685

What happened? Description:
    I received a friend request out of the blue. I checked the person on Steamrep and he appears clean.
    Everything seems fine so I add him and say hello.
    He offers to buy my Unusual TF2 hat, though he has nothing valuable in his inventory.
    He asks for my trade URL, I ask him if he uses OPSkins. He says no and asks why.
    I tell him I don't trade with people who use OPSkins because of scammers. He disconnected immediately, and removed me from friends.​

Provide Evidence:
    Possibly attempted TF2 item scam. Trade offer URLs. Suspicious disconnect promptlyafter mentioning OPSkins and scammer wariness.

I'm terribly sorry if I happen to be reporting someone innocent, but his behavior was fairly suspicious. It seems blunt at best to remove me from your friends list without saying a word, after I mention being wary of scammers.

I don't know how exactly trade URL scams work. I've seen several Reddit posts about a site called OPSkins, always in a scam context. Something about bots making trade offers perhaps.

The supposed scammer had nothing valuable in his TF2 inventory when he offered to buy my Unusual hat. His Steam profile does however link to a private account with a sizeable CSGO inventory, as I discovered later. Perhaps he would have offered me items from there.

Steam profile of scammer (over 2000 hours in games, and a clean Steamrep):
    http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198136913685

The CSGO storage account linked in that profile (private account, public inventory):
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/jmswrnr/inventory#730

Included is a multi-monitor printscreen with the chatlog, our backpack.tf inventories, the supposed scammer's Steamrep page and Steam profile, as well as this report. I hope it's up to code.​

20.02 - Chungus: hello there
    20.03 - It Sucks to Be Weegee: hello
    20.03 - It Sucks to Be Weegee: just wondering if you sell your Purple Energy Hound Dog for 42 pure keys
    20.03 - Chungus: you have fa in your backpack and 4 friends
    20.04 - Chungus: i might
    20.04 - Chungus: is blacktail your vault or w/e
    20.04 - It Sucks to Be Weegee: okay send me your tradelink I will send offer
    20.05 - Chungus: do you use opskins?
    20.06 - It Sucks to Be Weegee: no why?
    20.06 - Chungus: just that i don't trade with people who do
    20.06 - Chungus: scammers, etc
    20.06 - It Sucks to Be Weegee is now Offline.

Attached Files:

2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Your report was accepted and the accused was banned. Feel free to report a violation via their Steam profile.

In order to do that, you have to:
    1. Visit the accuseds profile
    2. Click MORE drop-down located at the top right of the page
    3. Choose REPORT VIOLATION
    4. Select the violation, then describe it and provide the evidence
    5. Click SUBMIT REPORT

Click here to view an animated gif that shows how to report a violation.

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.