1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Invalid Report: 76561198138449478 - ([CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by xtomnx / road to unusual, Apr 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xtomnx / road to unusual

xtomnx / road to unusual New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:59258218
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Item Fraud] Misrepresenting virtual items
    Virtual item type involved: [CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items

Accused profile: 76561198138449478

Victim profile: 76561198078782165

What happened? Description:
    Hello steamrep, it was long..... time I reported someone, mainly because Im too lazy to do it, but this scammer really surprised me, and i felt that i needed to report him!

Basically what happend, I woke this morning to an offer of ak-47 | Fire serpent factory new, he said to go to his profile find trade offer link in description and send him a trade offer, I saw something fishy already so I decided, to investigate. I clicked the trade offer link and it sent me to his ALT account, and the item wasn't factory new, it was field-tested.

As I know, that is a scam, and I feel like this scammer felt was too smart and cocky, to try to scam me, that's all.​

Provide Evidence:
    I can provide more screenshots if needed.​

Attached Files:

2. xtomnx / road to unusual

Steam:
  3. DeathSquared

DeathSquared New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:17955675
    Can confirm, tried the same thing on me.
  4. Styxx

Styxx New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:4778622
    Tried to pull the same prank on me just now. Here is the trade if anyone is interested. http://csgolounge.com/trade?t=65391096
    I'm not passing this off as a proof, but he obviously tries repeatedly and should receive a ban
  5. BONANZA

BONANZA New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:42964007
  6. xtomnx / road to unusual

Steam:
    Can you guys just mark him ffs...
  7. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Well issue is there isn't a way to really say this was in fact a scam without some sorta discussion had with the user showing deception.
    We have no way of knowing if this trade offer was followed thru, wasn't done and was to a fake account or not - we don't have any idea if this user is using this account for legit storage. All you can do at this point is contact Lounge about an issue with a posting since as I said we don't have enough evidence showing intent to scam.
    Marking as INvalid.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.