1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted Report: 76561198139442007 - ([CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by leonibus_, Aug 31, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. leonibus_

leonibus_ New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:520301766
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Money] Other cash fraud (webmoney, bitcoin, etc)
    Virtual item type involved: [CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items

Accused profile: 76561198139442007

Victim profile: 76561199000869260

What happened? Description:
    I agreed to trade with this guy for $143 in ethereum for my gut knife tiger tooth FN and AK-47 bloodsport FT. I sent the items and he never sent any money to my ethereum address. I added him after going on a group he was a moderator for with over 100,000 members, it mentioned him as a trusted buyer and seller, he also had a steam level of 240 and seemed pretty trustworthy. I have got screenshots of everything proving where, who and how much I bought the skins for, proof I sent them to him and proof that he never paid me the ethereum I was owed. I've put alot more info in the evidence box.​

Provide Evidence:
    So idk where to start so I guess I'll just tell the entire story in chronological order from when I got the items to when I got scammed.

On 18/8/20 at 6:52 PM I bought an AK bloodsport (https://csgofloat.com/db?name=AK-47...&paintIndex=639&min=0.18692093&max=0.18692093) for $36 on csgofloat.com, I received it and then two days later on 21/8/20 at 12:49 PM I bought a gut knife tiger tooth FN (
    https://csgofloat.com/db?name=Gut K...409&min=0.03506698459387&max=0.03506698459387) which I also received and bought on csgofloat. I bought these at less than market value and I aimed to make a small bit of profit off of them. Overall I spent around $130 on the two skins which I both purchased using bitcoin.

On the 24/8/20 I added a person called woralks (https://steamcommunity.com/id/Worakls4Sure) after seing him on as a mod of a large steam group (https://steamcommunity.com/groups/OfficialCABUYSELL) and a reccomended buyer and seller of CS:GO skins. He seemed very trustworthy with a very high level and lots of positive rep and because I still had a long time until my items would be tradeable we talked about prices and method of payments quite a bit. In the end we settled on $143 for the AK-47 and Gut Knife and to be paid in ethreum to the wallet address I provided. We only chatted on steam and not on any other messaging websites/apps.

On the 27/8/20 I sent the AK-47 which he accepted and then 2 days later on the 29/8/20 I sent the knife and my ethereum address. He told me that he would send the etheum in a maximum of 1 day but he never did. I asked him 24 hours if he was going to send it but he didn't reply. Then he sent "sorry have been in my vilage. haha."

The screenshots show that I bought the items on csgofloat.com, they arrived in my inventory and then that I sent them to the woralks. I'm also certain I sent it to the right person because this persons custom url matches the one on the steam group, the one I traded with and the one I messaged. Also the person unadded me and then privated his account for a day and a bit before unprivating it again.

I can provide more/different information if needed and I'm also going to add the other chat screenshots in a reply to this because it was a long conversation and has 18 screenshots.

This is the blockchain explorer link for my ethereum address: https://etherscan.io/address/0x8B2c2F32B676CB0Bc18E5B8fF6989EAC048aa2cf

Attached Files:

2. leonibus_

leonibus_ New User

Steam:
    I also wanted to add that on the csgofloat.com website you can see woralks now has the items and also that in his inventory the knife is their and the AK I assume is in the storage container becasue neither of the skins are able to be traded yet. I've added the remaining chat logs below.

Attached Files:

3. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Thanks - issue is I can't confirm you were ever friends with this exact user by SteamID - all I see is a chat box with a name and profile image. Need to verify this and you can do that with a screenshot of your friend/user activity thru a web browser - when you take this and it shows you adding the user hover your mouse pointer over the users name so it shows the popup of the profile. Make sure you open this in a web browser before doing anything rather than steam client. Take the screenshot and make sure it's Full Screen and make sure steam client URL is enabled, not edited or cropped in any way! Upload HERE…NOT imgur, NOT gyazo or any other 3rd party hosting site!

Please review this screenshot guide to help you:

https://forums.steamrep.com/threads/screenshot-guide-requirements.157969/
  4. leonibus_

leonibus_ New User

Steam:
    hi the person unadded me is this still possible to find becasue im struggling to know where to look. sorry if its really obvious
  5. leonibus_

leonibus_ New User

Steam:
    ive tried both the suggested option idk if there is anything else you want me to try to prove i was friends with him or something like that. I ve put screenshots of both your suggestions
  6. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    So you can't show proof you and this user were ever involved by ID? Names maybe such as in the chat logs but I need to verify by ID.
    I can't review this without verifying identity to ensure you are reporting the correct user and not someone that was impersonated.
    The burden of proof is yours.
  7. leonibus_

leonibus_ New User

Steam:

Attached Files:

8. leonibus_

leonibus_ New User

Steam:
    i am also certain i was dealing with him but if there a link i can paste in my browser to get the info pls send it to me
  9. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Those will work for now - the BTC address you gave the user - copy/paste it here pls
  10. leonibus_

leonibus_ New User

Steam:
    We agreed on ethreum in the end and the address was 0x8B2c2F32B676CB0Bc18E5B8fF6989EAC048aa2cf.
  11. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    thanks will review again shortly
    no need to reply again
  12. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Your report was accepted and the accused was banned. Feel free to report a violation via their Steam profile.

In order to do that, you have to:
    1. Visit the accuseds profile
    2. Click MORE drop-down located at the top right of the page
    3. Choose REPORT VIOLATION
    4. Select the violation, then describe it and provide the evidence
    5. Click SUBMIT REPORT

Click here to view an animated gif that shows how to report a violation.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.