1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Invalid Report: 76561198140500454 - ([Steam] Trading Cards)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by Seojin, Feb 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Seojin

Seojin Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:172110268
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Rep Fraud] Impersonation with intent to defraud
    Virtual item type involved: [Steam] Trading Cards

Accused profile: 76561198140500454

Victim profile: 76561198304486264

What happened? Description:
    I recieved a random friend request by this user. His steam profile was LvL 76, so I instantly added him. The first message i received was "do you want some RL (rocket league) hats, cars, etc?". I instantly knew that this was already fishy, so i decided to go down to his comments +reps and added to ask them if was really legit. What I got was a "No" and he sent me his steam rep status link to me. I unfortunately did not screen shot the chat but if you want proof this is the guy i talked to: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Pro-Ro-Player (btw this happens near the end)

He asks me if I was interested in a "homburg painted hat" and I said yes. He said that he would give me 3 of those hats for all my trading cards, and I said alright, but he would only do it if I would go first, which i say no to. I tell him if I send him half of my trading cards he would give me ONE hat so it could be fair, which of course he declines , and babbles on about something else which I have forgotten (should be in screen shots) I then asked him how much these hats were even worth and he says all together these 3 same hats are worth 60 cards..... WHAT?! I only HAVE 28 cards! So this kid comes and messages me " I'll give u these 3 hats for all your trading cards" and doesnt even check how many cards I have? So after I tell him I only have 28 cards he says that its worth 1 of his hats..... umm wat? Im pretty sure 1/3 of 60 isnt 28.... so after all this I decide to send him his steam rep profile and then tells me it was an impersonator (or as he says it, impersonar). After telling him there was no way it was an impersonator, he quickly acts and blocks me, (and changes his steam url).​

Provide Evidence:
    [​IMG] This was a thread I posted in the steam discussions. (it is also apart of the convo I had that i was unable to screenshot due to steam removing past msgs)

[​IMG] PART 2 of the thread i Posted

[​IMG] Part 3 of the thread

[​IMG] Part 1 of chat
    [​IMG] PArt 2 of chat
    [​IMG] Part 3 of chat​

Attached Files:

2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Thanks - do keep in mind that this user is already banned/tagged..there isn't any more we can do to this user. Should you come across a user like this again(check users out soon as you say hello) it is best to just report them to Valve, delete and move on.
    Evidence is too cropped - unable to review/accept - we need FULL screenshots in the future.
    We also don't accept RL reports - out of policy
    http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/investigative-policy.140101/

You are welcome to report the user to Valve
    In order to do that, you have to:
    1. Visit the accuseds profile
    2. Click MORE drop-down located at the top right of the page
    3. Choose REPORT VIOLATION
    4. Select the violation, then describe it and provide the evidence
    5. Click SUBMIT REPORT

Click here to view an animated gif that shows how to report a violation.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.