1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted Report: 76561198140527865 - ([CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by Veni, Aug 26, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Veni

Veni New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:54618490
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Money] Steam Wallet fraud
    Virtual item type involved: [CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items

Accused profile: 76561198140527865

Victim profile: 76561198069502709

What happened? Description:
    I was playing on a DM server with the scammer when I got a friend request from him. He said he wanted my knife for paypal or other similar websites where he could send me money. I told him that I didn't have a paypal so he offered me steam wallet funds. Throughout the scammer was being very kind and was complimenting me and just chatting in a pleasant way, talking about how he'd been scammed before which is why he made his trading group. I checked the trading group and it had hundreds of members. We discussed how we would trade for a long time, eventually we agreed that I would give him about £10 in skins and he would give me the £20 steam code so I could check if it was legit. He then said he got cold feet about the trade and that I should give him a few more skins and that he'd give me a £100 steam code. I agreed and gave him an AWP Man'o'war. After he received the skin he gave me a code. I tried the code but it was invalid. Before I could tell him, he went offline and blocked me. I ALSO ASKED HIM ABOUT THE TWO REPORTS HE HAD ON STEAMREP WHICH WERE PENDING, HE TOLD ME THAT IT WAS JUST TWO PEOPLE FROM CSGOLOUNGE WHO WERE ANGRY AT HIM.​

Provide Evidence:
    Imgur album with entire chat http://imgur.com/a/iG6sU. Attached files show me talking to him after he added me, making offers, convincing me that he's legit and eventually leaving with the skins at the end. He looks legit unless if you see that the majority of the account that he has +rep from are private, he said that it is because he doesn't have them on his friends list.​

Attached Files:

2. alkon

alkon SteamRep Moderator

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:54985637
    Thank you for your report, between the conversation and the user's profile, there is enough evidence to process this report. I have marked this as evidence provided.
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2020
  3. Edward.

Edward. SteamRep Admin Donator - Tier V

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:30537130
    Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:30537130
    Hello,

Your report was accepted and the accused was banned. Feel free to report a violation via their Steam profile.

In order to do that, you have to:
    1. Visit the accuseds profile
    2. Click MORE drop-down located at the top right of the page
    3. Choose REPORT VIOLATION
    4. Select the violation, then describe it and provide the evidence
    5. Click SUBMIT REPORT

Click here to view an animated gif that shows how to report a violation.

Thank you for reporting this user.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.