1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Archived Report: 76561198141161108 - ([TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by TrogledyWretched, Dec 22, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TrogledyWretched

TrogledyWretched New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:39892000
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Rep Fraud] Impersonation with intent to defraud
    Virtual item type involved: [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items

Accused profile: 76561198141161108

Victim profile: 76561198040049729

What happened? Description:
    A user friended to me attempted a "Steam Admin" scam on me to "Verify duped items" that he supposedly reported my account for. This user had been my friend for a couple of years without any interaction before coming to me with the scam. They asked me to friend a "steam admin," (a steamrep-banned user, possibly an alt account), in order to verify that my items were clean. That user then proceeded to attempt scamming me out of my unusual TF2 items claiming they would "delete my account" otherwise. Sent a trade link to another account less than a week old, posing as an "item verification bot." Did not follow through with trade, but am 100% less savvy traders would lose their items.​

Provide Evidence:
    Here is how our conversation started, the accused user coming to me, scared he made a mistake:
    View attachment 692070

Here, they link me to the account of a "steam admin" who can resolve the issue: View attachment 692071
    This is the profile shown, and here is the SteamRep page for that account. View attachment 692072 View attachment 692073
    We continue the conversation here, (I'm trying to confirm the exact words "Steam Admin" for proof of the common scam tactic.) View attachment 692074
    And here is that clarification. Indeed, they were complicit to a steam admin Fraud Scam. View attachment 692075

This is how the conversation with the "Admin" progressed: View attachment 692076 View attachment 692077 View attachment 692078 View attachment 692079
    In the above image, they actually give me a trade link, requiring I give them my unusuals or be banned. That trade window is below, and is actually registered to another account, as the above has a trade ban. View attachment 692080 Here is the alt account I was linked to trade with: View attachment 692081 View attachment 692082

More threats of violent removal unless I comply: View attachment 692083

Here is the account I am accusing of organizing, or at least abetting fraud. View attachment 692084

Attached Files:

2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    @TrogledyWretched Need the SR profile block of the other user mentioned - you left that out.
    Also you've been here long enough to know we need FULL screenshots not cropped little chat boxes...next report that isn't that way may not get reviewed because of it.
    As for accusations of alt - likely not, the account involved here could be compromised and controlled by that other account..typical thing now.
    I need the Trade OFFER URL they gave you as well - it clearly goes to yet a 3rd account and I want its information too.
  3. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
  4. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
  5. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    This report has been found to have no response for an extended period of time.

Either additional evidence or information was requested at which no reply was made and therefore the report will be marked Archived.
    You are welcome to submit a new report with what was requested here along with all other evidence provided and an explanation as to why you were unable to respond to the first report.

Please be sure to follow our Screenshot Guide/Requirements prior to remaking this report or any others in the future and to follow our Investigative Policy as noted.
    https://forums.steamrep.com/threads/screenshot-guide-requirements.157969
    https://forums.steamrep.com/threads/steamrep-investigative-policy.140101
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.