1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Archived Report: 76561198142039101 - ([CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by Not Very Clutch, Mar 5, 2016.

1. Not Very Clutch

Not Very Clutch New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:39144451
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Item Fraud] Fake items or item duplication
    Virtual item type involved: [CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items

Accused profile: 76561198142039101

Victim profile: 76561198038554630

What happened? Description:
    This person has been playing with me and my friends for over a year to build up trust. He then said he could dupe any item to my my friend. My friend fell for it and then as soon as he traded him the knife, Mr. Sandman sold in on the market for money and didn't give him it back (Yes it was very dumb and he knows that now). But after that, he tried the same thing on me but I wasn't biting (at this time I didn't know my friend got scammed). So I said no, but later on I found out my friend was scammed. So I thought something had to be done about it, I baited him into admitting that he can "dupe". I have evidence of the chat and in his old name he put "(Duping)" next to his steam name.​

Provide Evidence:
    The first picture shows the chat where he admitted he can dupe and tried scamming me. The second picture proves the identity. And the third picture just to prove it even more, shows he put "(duping)" in his name. View attachment 385623 View attachment 385624 View attachment 385625

Attached Files:

• 1.png
      1.png
      File size:
      190.7 KB
      Views:
    • 3.png
      3.png
      File size:
      922 KB
      Views:
    • 4.png
      4.png
      File size:
      1.3 MB
      Views:
  2. Edward.

Edward. SteamRep Admin Donator - Tier V

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:30537130
    Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:30537130
    Hello,

Thank you for the report.

Moving report to final review.

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
  3. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
    I'm sorry, but without the screenshot of the original conversation, we cannot accept your report. Your attempt to "bait" the accused into admitting a scam wasn't helpful either, partly because we don't condone entrapment.

Your friend will have to submit a report for their scam, assuming they still have a screenshot of the conversation. By policy, all scam reports have to be submitted by the victim, not a friend acting on their behalf. This is partly to ensure we can collect the right evidence, but also because you're responsible for any report you submit, and its evidence.
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**