1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Declined Report: 76561198142194322 - ([CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by Fakies, Jan 18, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fakies

Fakies New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:98235692
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Item Fraud] Quick-switch trade scam or attempt
    Virtual item type involved: [CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items

Accused profile: 76561198142194322

Victim profile: 76561198303978376

What happened? Description:
    Please note: I am reporting this as I have not seen the scammer banned on SteamRep yet. This is not my case, but bear with me, as there is video evidence. I do not think the scammer was reported by the victim, as they could not find their Steam64id (even when it was in front of them), so here I am doing it for them. :)

The two guys are trading for skins (an AWP | Gungnir and M9 | Fade specifically), and in an effort to try to gain trust from each other, Oddessy (the victim) trades his M9 Bayonet | Fade first. You can hear them discuss this in the beginning of the video.
    Right after the trade us accepted by Paul AT (the scammer), he simply leaves their voice chat and disappears. This is caught on the video that Oddessy recorded.

I have timestamps for the video evidence below as well, so you can easily find what I think you might need!

If there is any more information needed, I can probably find it, but there is a lot of evidence shown in the YouTube video I linked, including the actual scam itself.

Thank you!
    I​

Provide Evidence:

I could not upload the video itself as a file, considering the size of it is 55 MB. I hope the evidence is still valid, though!

Timestamps for the video here:
    - Oddessy sends the trade offer and it is accepted shortly after at *1:20*.
    - The trade is accepted at *1:40*, where Paul AT also leaves the call immediately after.
    - There is a full view of the scammer's SteamRep profile at *5:01* into the video, where you can also see their Steam64id.
    - There is a full view of the scammer's Steam profile at *4:20* into the video.​

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 18, 2020
  2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Don't accept videos nor do we review 3rd party reports.
    Don't come here reporting someone unless you were the victim!
    Upon quick inspection of the video there was nothing there that would even be remotely acceptable for evidence since it lacked any context/chat or anything that is required to submit a report here.
    So with that - whomever may have been involved they can report it to Valve and not here.
    Nothing provided suggests this user was or is guilty of any wrong doing.
    Declined

ALSO - the so called Victim already submitted a report here and was clearly Declined and noted for the reasons as such.
    Please do NOT submit this report again -that goes for the Op here and the other user that submitted it also back in December.
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2020
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.