1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted Report: 76561198151808529 - ([CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by Jinxy 2, Aug 23, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jinxy 2

Jinxy 2 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:17854312
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Money] PayPal scam or scam attempt
    Virtual item type involved: [CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items

Accused profile: 76561198151808529

Victim profile: 76561197995974352

What happened? Description:
    I posted a thread on sub reddit /r/GlobalOffensiveTrade to sell my AUG Akihabara Accept skin for $2100USD through paypal or BTC.

The scammer sent me a friend request on steam and asked me to buy the Aug for $2000 flat. I was desperate for money so i decided to get let it go for $100 less. I asked him to reply to my thread and i did the checks on steamrep and google but nothing was suspicious about him. It was going well until insisted that i send the trade offer first and told me that i could cancel it at anytime. I should have ended the trade there because this was a obvious scam tactic but i was desperate to get money to get through the pandemic i didn't think properly. He added me on Discord and shared his screen, saying that he will send the money once he can see the trade offer. He promised that he would not hit accept offer and even closed out of his Steam account. I sent the trade offer and confirmed it through the steam authenticator and he blocked me off discord and steam.​

Provide Evidence:
    I posted a thread on sub reddit /r/GlobalOffensiveTrade to sell my AUG Akihabara Accept skin for $2100USD through paypal or BTC.

The scammer sent me a friend request on steam and asked me to buy the Aug for $2000 flat. I was desperate for money so i decided to get let it go for $100 less. I asked him to reply to my thread and i did the checks on steamrep and google but nothing was suspicious about him. It was going well until insisted that i send the trade offer first and told me that i could cancel it at anytime. I should have ended the trade there because this was a obvious scam tactic but i was desperate to get money to get through the pandemic i didn't think properly. He added me on Discord and shared his screen, saying that he will send the money once he can see the trade offer. He promised that he would not hit accept offer and even closed out of his Steam account. I sent the trade offer and confirmed it through the steam authenticator and he blocked me off discord and steam.​

Attached Files:

2. Jinxy 2

Jinxy 2 New User

Steam:
    My AUG skin in his inventory before he set his account to private

Attached Files:

3. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Please provide a full screen shot of your Trade Inventory History showing for sure the trade in question(NOT TRADE OFFER!!)- open this with a web browser, move your mouse over the users name in question so it shows up the hypertext popup URL at the bottom of the screen - take the screen shot DO NOT edit it in anyway and upload. Also need a screen shot of your Paypal ACTIVITY (not Summary) for several days beginning with the date before this trade..full screen DO NOT edit this shot in anyway. Upload HEREā€¦NOT imgur, NOT gyazo or any other 3rd party hosting site!

Also please review this screenshot guide should you require assistance:

https://forums.steamrep.com/threads/screenshot-guide-requirements.157969/
  4. Jinxy 2

Jinxy 2 New User

Steam:
    Screenshots attached. I have not used paypal to make any transactions before the trade and the 2 paypal activity was me trying to request money from the scammer after be blocked me from Steam and Discord

Attached Files:

5. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    So a new paypal account? How have you funded traded in the past?
  6. Jinxy 2

Jinxy 2 New User

Steam:
    Yup it's a new account. I created it so I can put it under my legal name and link my bank account to it. I haven't fund traded on this PayPal acc have done fund traded before.
  7. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    ok link to reddit thread you posted?
  8. Jinxy 2

Jinxy 2 New User

Steam:
  9. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Says your ad violated rules...I don't see anything?
  10. Jinxy 2

Jinxy 2 New User

Steam:
    This is because I edited the OP to take off the required buyout price and put out a warning to others. I am at work at the moment so here is a screenshot of the post on my phone.

Attached Files:

11. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    ok and how do you know the users account there? Did they contact you with it? Show me that history?
  12. Jinxy 2

Jinxy 2 New User

Steam:
    Please see screenshot "aug scammed2.png" and "steam convo1.png" in my first post. He deleted his post on my thread but I have a screenshot of his post.
  13. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    convo1 is cropped to much, the other is semi ok just cut in half. Just verifying things so in the future don't crop screenshots.
    I'll look over this more soon.
    no need to post again or reply.

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2020
  14. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Your report was accepted and the accused was banned. Feel free to report a violation via their Steam profile.

In order to do that, you have to:
    1. Visit the accuseds profile
    2. Click MORE drop-down located at the top right of the page
    3. Choose REPORT VIOLATION
    4. Select the violation, then describe it and provide the evidence
    5. Click SUBMIT REPORT

Click here to view an animated gif that shows how to report a violation.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.