1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Declined Report: 76561198153874080 - ([TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by swhipple, Nov 2, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. swhipple

swhipple New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:66963840
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Other] Any other fraudulent behavior
    Virtual item type involved: [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items

Accused profile: 76561198153874080

Victim profile: 76561198094193409

What happened? Description:
    On October 28, I met Link on the Vatican City Unusual trading server. I added him and went on to inquire about his brokering service. After seeing his rep on backpack.tf, I agreed to let him broker my Purple Energy Blast Defense. I sent him the hat at 4:45 pm. Nothing out of the ordinary happened, I just asked how things were going.

Then, today (November 2nd) when I woke up, I got a comment saying OG Link was scamming us and I should try and get my items back ASAP. I then checked his backpack.tf trust, and there was a minus rep from someone. They explained in depth how it appears that Link was conducting an exit scam. There was another minus rep posted about 5 hours after the first person exposed Link of conducting an exit scam. This person asked for their items back, in which Link neglected their requests for their own items back. I then asked for my items back. Link told me to send an offer, which I quickly did, but to no avail, as he never accepted it or sent me a chat after that.

After our items were gone, he updated his profile, providing a "Reason" for his exit scam in his description. It seems as if all of the items were moved into a private inventory as of right now. So far, we found 1 item that has been sold to a bot.​

Provide Evidence:
    I included all of the chat history I could, with the profile in the back the entire time. I also included how he had a classified up for my hat when he was "brokering" it.​

Attached Files:

2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Sorry but your screenshots show "broker" and while you may have nicknamed this user and showed that on the profile we would still leave in doubt that it wasn't the same user as they were never shown to use that name at any point.
    Lastly no evidence of the exact item or deal in question therefore we can not review this.
    Do not nickname someone for evidence gathering at any time for the initial reply I gave you here.
    Declined.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.