1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted Report: 76561198157136142 - ([TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by Oniiku, Jan 13, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oniiku

Oniiku New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:40045261
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Money] PayPal scam or scam attempt
    Virtual item type involved: [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items

Accused profile: 76561198157136142

Victim profile: 76561198040356251

What happened? Description:
    Added user on a trade server while his name was Mochi Boy. He had an interest in my unusuals that I was selling. A few days later he asks if I am selling for paypal, which I confirmed. I was initially skeptical to do the transaction with him, so he directed me to his "friend" The Master (likely a alt account). We came to an agreement on price, I sent him my paypal info to send the money to. As he had a higher trust rating on Backpack than me, I went first and accepted the trader offer. He said it would take a little time and went silent. That's when I knew I was scammed.​

Provide Evidence:

Attached Files:

2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
  3. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Please provide a full screen shot of your Trade Inventory History showing for sure the trade in question(NOT TRADE OFFER!!)- open this with a web browser, move your mouse over the users name in question so it shows up the hypertext popup URL at the bottom of the screen - take the screen shot DO NOT edit it in anyway and upload. Also need a screen shot of your Paypal ACTIVITY (not Summary) for several days beginning with the date before this trade..full screen DO NOT edit this shot in anyway. Upload HEREā€¦NOT imgur, NOT gyazo or any other 3rd party hosting site!

Also please review this screenshot guide should you require assistance:

https://forums.steamrep.com/threads/screenshot-guide-requirements.157969/
  4. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Please follow up
  5. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    24hours to follow up
  6. Oniiku

Oniiku New User

Steam:
    I'm sorry. I didn't see any notification that this was responded to. Will do now.

I also put a screenshot of my incoming trade offer history so you can see that it's from the same person, or collaborating people. "Supergirl" got a trade ban from Valve a few days ago.

I will bookmark this page and check it more often. Sorry for not repsonding sooner.

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 17, 2021
  7. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    If you are on windows which appears you are - you are cutting off the bottom - task bar must be included to be FULL screen.
  8. Oniiku

Oniiku New User

Steam:
    Ok. Done. I think the way I took the screenshot before cut it out and I didn't notice. This time I just used the snip tool. If there is anything else that is needed, feel free to add me. Otherwise i will continue to check this page often.

Attached Files:

9. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
  10. Oniiku

Oniiku New User

Steam:
    Ok I think I got it right this time. I'm sorry about the mistakes I have been making. This whole event has been rather upsetting for me and it was my birthday over the weekend, so my mind has been taking me elsewhere.

Attached Files:

11. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Going to have to do it once more because of the speed for which you do it.
    The custom URL is changing to fast - this time when you do it make sure you visit the users SR profile at the same time so I can match up some things.
    https://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198157136142
  12. Oniiku

Oniiku New User

Steam:
    So you want me to take a screenshot of the trade history again and of their steamrep page?
  13. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    no I want you to do the screenshot again but this time as you do it open/refresh their steamrep profile at the same time.
    It will save the history of their custom URL at the same time so I can match things up.
    They are changing it to fast.
  14. Oniiku

Oniiku New User

Steam:
    There might be a little bit of confusion here. I believe I reported two accounts. This report was for the initial person who wanted to do the trade. Because I wasn't comfortable trading with them directly he suggested a middleman (either an alt account of his or someone he was collaborating with). That account is the one I traded with. So the screencap I took showed the trade with the other account I reported. It is also whjy I took the screenshot of the incoming trade offer history. So that you could see that they were from the same group in question as they had the same message and everything attached to them.
  15. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    ok I see what you did now.
  16. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Your report was accepted and the accused was banned. Feel free to report a violation via their Steam profile.

In order to do that, you have to:
    1. Visit the accuseds profile
    2. Click MORE drop-down located at the top right of the page
    3. Choose REPORT VIOLATION
    4. Select the violation, then describe it and provide the evidence
    5. Click SUBMIT REPORT

Click here to view an animated gif that shows how to report a violation.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.