1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted Report: 76561198158974225 - ([TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by Wheat (100% GMO), Jan 1, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wheat (100% GMO)

Wheat (100% GMO) New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:79090796
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Trade Offer Fraud] Using Trade Offer URL fraud
    Virtual item type involved: [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items

Accused profile: 76561198158974225

Victim profile: 76561198118447320

What happened? Description:
    Sends friend request; opens up chat and asks for items. Usual request for unusual taunt (Fountain of Delight High Five), Painted Plumber's Cap, and Panzer Pants taunt. Uses unusual grammar and identical syntax to another user who is banned on backpack.tf. Proceeds to lead me to BitSkins.com, and continues with a typical trade-url based scam.​

Provide Evidence:
    Pg. 1 is original trade agreement
    Pg. 2-5 is scam attempt
    (ps. minor cropping was done b/c I have a second monitor attached. All it had on it was random discords, nothing related to attempt; dates and stuff are all out of wack, took three days for this to unfold) View attachment 693510 View attachment 693511 View attachment 693512 View attachment 693513 View attachment 693514 View attachment 693515 View attachment 693516 View attachment 693517

Attached Files:

2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    @Wheat (100% GMO) What bot? You showed a screenshot from the bot that sent you an offer but you left out any info on it?

Please provide a full screen shot of that trade offer again thru a PC - open this with a web browser, move your mouse over the users name in question so it shows up the hypertext popup URL at the bottom of the screen - take the screen shot DO NOT edit it in anyway and upload.
  3. Wheat (100% GMO)

Steam:
    Okay sorry about the minimal info about the bot (It was literally 12:30 in the morning when I posted this), If there anything else specific you're looking for, I can tell you that after he "guided" me through BitSkins (I literally just said yes without doing anything else) I was sent a trade requesting said items without any payment from the bot pictured, even though I had not even opened the BitSkins webpage. Another tidbit of info I forgot to add, the user I referenced that had the exact same typos and everything (same format) was a person currently banned on backpack.tf,
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
    . One last note I'll like to make, is that I have to crop off my second monitor (which right now just outputs a picture of a cat) or else the image is just over 3 MB
    (Data block for other guy, in case you're wondering)
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2019
  4. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Wait..how is this FRESH user involved with the accused?
    Are you just noting another user that messaged you that may be involved? What you show in the chat logs doesn't prove anything against this FRESH user.
    Also I'm asking for the info on the bot account - what is that?
  5. Wheat (100% GMO)

Steam:
    I'm not trying to accuse FRESH of anything, I just thought it was interesting that his messages were near identical to what Master Throne Crimson sent me. Anyways you can just ignore that if you want to. Continuing on, I'm still confused on exactly what you want from the bot, so far this is about as much as I've found
  6. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Ok then I'm going to hide that users info since they weren't involved here and shouldn't be implicated.
    I need the info on the bot.. ID64.. SR profile block something. Screenshot was as requested now I need the info on the bot.
  7. Wheat (100% GMO)

Steam:
  8. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Thanks, will review again soon - nothing else needed at this time and there is no need to post anything more.
    Feel free to review what you have provided and take the time to see what things you can do to prevent running into users like this in the future.
  9. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Your report was accepted and the accused was banned. Feel free to report a violation via their Steam profile.

In order to do that, you have to:
    1. Visit the accuseds profile
    2. Click MORE drop-down located at the top right of the page
    3. Choose REPORT VIOLATION
    4. Select the violation, then describe it and provide the evidence
    5. Click SUBMIT REPORT

Click here to view an animated gif that shows how to report a violation.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.