1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted Report: 76561198159101830 - ([None] No items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by Deathbringer12, Sep 3, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deathbringer12

Deathbringer12 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:37991340
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Rep Fraud] Impersonation with intent to defraud
    Virtual item type involved: [None] No items

Accused profile: 76561198159101830

Victim profile: 76561198036248409

What happened? Description:
    I was watching youtube videos at one in the morning when I got a random message from someone that I friended while playing Payday 2 with. We were a good duo in Payday 2 so that's how we became friends. I was confused what he wanted to tell me, because we haven't talked in months. He told me that he misreported me for "dupe items" and I had to add a "Steam admin" and beg him to not delete my account.

I know the song and dance of this scam, about a couple of months ago my little nephew came crying into my room and told me all about this. I decided to play along with this scam and see how long they would put up with me. Of course I already reported these two to Valve, but then I saw that they don't ban solely on reports.

And I remember checking on the users that tried to scam my nephew a couple weeks after I reported them. Nothing happened. So I hope this is a good alternative to reporting these scammers.

I apologize for the screenshots not having the "must include the desktop" requirement, since I took them as the conversation went along and complied them into a imgur to include in the Valve report. I hope that they're still good enough.

Here's the other info on the "steam admin"
    | steamname: Eyes to ICe
    | steam3ID: [U:1:101092205]
    | steamID32: STEAM_0:1:50546102
    | steamID64: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198061357933
    | customURL: https://steamcommunity.com/id/17568565633221103242342
    | steamrep: https://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198061357933

Provide Evidence:

Attached Files:

2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    @Deathbringer12 Looks rather odd to have someone you knew and were friends with for so long all of a sudden do this doesn't it... ALmost exact wording as what is used by hijacked accounts in fact. Have you any other way to contact the user outside of steam? Have you reported BOTH accounts to Valve yet...? If no do so ASAP!!

Attached Files:

3. Deathbringer12

Deathbringer12 New User

Steam:
    Yeah that thought did come across my mind when I was talking with him, and sadly I don't know any other ways to communicate with Katzu.

Yep, I reported both accounts for attempted account theft on me, the second the conversation with Eyes to Ice was over.

Something I did notice that is rather odd is that for Eyes to Ice's custom ID it's https://steamcommunity.com/id/17568565633221103242342
    But that leads to nothing, is that normal? Did he make that custom ID to throw people off?
  4. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Thanks I will monitor report for a day to see if Valve reacts to the reported profiles if they were in fact hijacked.
    You could try to contact the accused again to see if anything has changed.
  5. Deathbringer12

Deathbringer12 New User

Steam:
    Steam acted quickly and banned Eyes to Ice. That's some good news.

But for Katzu, I did unblock him and try adding him again and I keep getting a message saying one of us blocked each other.

I hope the situation goes well for him, shame to see a account like that get stolen and destroyed, if that's the case.

Attached Files:

6. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Your report was accepted and the accused was banned. Feel free to report a violation via their Steam profile.

In order to do that, you have to:
    1. Visit the accuseds profile
    2. Click MORE drop-down located at the top right of the page
    3. Choose REPORT VIOLATION
    4. Select the violation, then describe it and provide the evidence
    5. Click SUBMIT REPORT

Click here to view an animated gif that shows how to report a violation.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.