1. SteamRep is shutting down at the end of 2024. See announcement.

Pending Report: 76561198160361967 - ([CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items)

Discussion in 'Pre-2017 Reports' started by SΠΞΛКЖ, Jun 11, 2015.

1. SΠΞΛКЖ

SΠΞΛКЖ New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41210163
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Other] Any other fraudulant behavior
    Virtual item type involved: [CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items

Accused profile: 76561198160361967

Victim profile: 76561198042686055

What happened? Description:
    I've posted a trade for my Bayonet Slaughter on CS GO Lounge. I just wanted a simple trade. The scammer added me to his friendlist and he had a good profile (level 11, 1100 hours of playing CS, worthy inventory), so i added him. He told me about, that he can trade my Knife with one of his friends and that it would take him about 3 days. Then he told me, that he would do that for 10% of the profit to make money. First i thought it was scam, because he want to get payed by paypal or something and just wanted the money first, but he wanted to be payed in items. First he told me, that he don't need the Knife to make the trades, but he said it would be faster that way and after some talk he said he need the Knife anyways... I thought, why would someone, who has Global Elite rank, 8 pages of +rep and a nice Inventory scam me? So i gave him my Knife but i wanted an Item of his inventory to be sure he don't just run with it. He gave me his M4 Master Piece for the securety. after 2 hours he came back to me and told me i should take a look at his Inventory. He tradet my Bayonet Slaughter MW into a WW M9 Crimson Web and a Vanilla Karambit. I thought it was good to let him do the trade. Then he suddenly told me, that he need his M4 back for a game. I first told him that he should give me the knifes for it and i would add the pay he wanted for the trade. He said it would be just the beginning and that he could give me a 800€ Knife if i give him his m4 back and let him do. And the rest is just pure stupidity of me... I gave him the M4 and he had all he wanted. Blocked me. I just hope, no one else ever get scammed from this guy again. PLS get this guy Trade Banned or something!​

Provide Evidence:
    All screens i could get below.​

Attached Files:

2. a Gentleman

a Gentleman Partner Community Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:25990581
    Can you please post a screenshot of your chat history with the offending user? Thank you.
  3. SΠΞΛКЖ

SΠΞΛКЖ New User

Steam:
    I don't have any logs and i don't know if steam stores the chat anywhere... google tells me I'm not getting anything
  4. a Gentleman

a Gentleman Partner Community Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:25990581
    Try contacting Steam Support. Some users have been successful in requesting chat transcript histories.
  5. SΠΞΛКЖ

SΠΞΛКЖ New User

Steam:
    "Thank you for contacting Steam Support.

Full chat history cannot be retrieved. You can view the most recent chat history with another user by opening a new chat window with them from your friends list.

Steam Support is unable to retrieve or provide chat logs."

Steam sais nope... so no chance?
  6. Salmon

Salmon Caution on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:21003377
    It varies by which steam support staff you get. It's a relatively rare thing to have them actually help though.