1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted Report: 76561198161087506 - ([TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by Legend 9, Jun 24, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Legend 9

Legend 9 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:424574590
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Money] PayPal scam or scam attempt
    Virtual item type involved: [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items

Accused profile: 76561198161087506

Victim profile: 76561198809414908

What happened? Description:
    Me and the scammer met in the Fire Powered trade server while the scammer added me saying he wanted my "Screaming Tiger Mannrobics Taunt". This item goes for around 40$. He said he will pay me with Paypal and told me to go first and so I did then he unadded me and blocked me as shown in the video that I posted as evidence. This transaction was attempted multiple times before thus giving him my trust. Then when the time came for him to "buy the item", he runs off. Please do something about this and I hope I provided enough evidence to ban this guy! Thanks and have a good day!​

Provide Evidence:
    I was going to submit a video but I couldn't because of how long it took to upload. So here are some screenshots that were in the video. These photos DO contain the requirements that are needed to ban this guy. The first photo shows that he had agreed to our transaction. Second image was me giving my taunt to him so he can pay me my money through Paypal. Third image shows that he has now accepted the item. Forth image shows that my Paypal had not received my 40$ that I had asked for. Fifth and sixth image shows that he has now unadded and blocked me. Seventh image was to show that my item was gone and have not received back since. Finally, the last image shows their profile after the scam and that he had changed his name.
    View attachment 719079 View attachment 719080 View attachment 719081 View attachment 719082 View attachment 719083 View attachment 719084 View attachment 719086 View attachment 719085

I hope he gets what he deserves!​

I wasn't able to pull up any chat logs because since the scammer had blocked me I had no access to the chat after it closed. The video does contain a chat conversations. But I do hope the video is enough evidence. The video clearly shows him running off.

Attached Files:

2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    @Legend 9 We don't review videos - but is this ALL of the chat you had between you and this user? Just want to make sure I have everything.
    We also do not punish users here just FYI - our purpose is to educate not punish.

Please follow up and then I'll ask for something more.
  3. Legend 9

Legend 9 New User

Steam:
    Heres the rest of the chat log from the beginning to the end. Last image was just me talking trash because of how mad I was. Hope this was enough. :)
    Btw If this report happens to go throw, what would happen to the scammer?
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 24, 2019
  4. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Please provide a full screen shot of your Trade Inventory History showing for sure the trade in question(NOT TRADE OFFER!!)- open this with a web browser, move your mouse over the users name in question so it shows up the hypertext popup URL at the bottom of the screen - take the screen shot DO NOT edit it in anyway and upload. Also need a screen shot of your Paypal ACTIVITY (not Summary) for several days beginning with the date before this trade..full screen DO NOT edit this shot in anyway. Upload HEREā€¦NOT imgur, NOT gyazo or any other 3rd party hosting site!

Also please review this screenshot guide should you require assistance:

https://forums.steamrep.com/threads/screenshot-guide-requirements.157969/
  5. Legend 9

Legend 9 New User

Steam:
    I got it!
    Just let me know whatever else you need. :)
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 25, 2019
  6. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Are you on windows?Appears you are and the taskbar is hidden/cut off - that isn't full screen without it enabled.
    Please redo them with that showing.
  7. Legend 9

Legend 9 New User

Steam:
    Sorry I don't know how to make the taskbar show. The snipping tool doesn't work for me so I have to use the Game Bar to take screenshots. If I really HAVE TOO just let me know so I can download some program.
  8. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
  9. Legend 9

Legend 9 New User

Steam:
    Print screen does nothing. I'm pressing it but I don't see the photo in my files. Am I doing something wrong?
  10. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Did you read the link I gave you? If you did you wouldn't have asked this.
    Read it please
  11. Legend 9

Legend 9 New User

Steam:
    Incredibly sorry I have it now. I'll send as soon as i can.
  12. Legend 9

Legend 9 New User

Steam:

Attached Files:

13. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    I'll need a trade inventory history shot thru steam client also please. FULL screen as well.
  14. Legend 9

Legend 9 New User

Steam:
    Through steam client? Im confused. Wasn't what I sent u my inventory history?
  15. Legend 9

Legend 9 New User

Steam:
    This?

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 2, 2019
  16. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Ok and just to have one more updated screen - one more inventory shot thru browser just as you did earlier.
  17. Legend 9

Legend 9 New User

Steam:
    this good?

Btw what would happen to the scammer if this report gets resolved. Because I hope it was worth doing all this.

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 4, 2019
  18. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Your report was accepted and the accused was banned. Feel free to report a violation via their Steam profile.

In order to do that, you have to:
    1. Visit the accuseds profile
    2. Click MORE drop-down located at the top right of the page
    3. Choose REPORT VIOLATION
    4. Select the violation, then describe it and provide the evidence
    5. Click SUBMIT REPORT

Click here to view an animated gif that shows how to report a violation.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.