1. SteamRep is shutting down at the end of 2024. See announcement.

Pending Report: 76561198162204095 - ([TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items)

Discussion in 'Pre-2017 Reports' started by Miss Piggy, Jun 19, 2015.

1. Miss Piggy

Miss Piggy New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:32873670
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Other] Any other fraudulant behavior
    Virtual item type involved: [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items

Accused profile: 76561198162204095

Victim profile: 76561198026013069

What happened? Description:
    I had a strange part buy offer on backpack.tf for 4 Refined. This user sent me an offer of strange part at 6.33 refined which I declined. They then quickly sent another offer for 4 ref which is my buy price, but switched it so that they took my strange part. I did not check it carefully enough, so traded away my strange part which I believe was the intention. I contacted the user who firstly said they had already used it which is incorrect since they had it in their backpack. They then quickly went offline.

They set up my accepting the offer by sending one which they knew I would decline and then quickly sent another which I should have checked more carefully. After giving them the option of returning it, they lied and then went offline. I have screen shots of the trades and the conversation.​

Provide Evidence:
    Chat log, userprofile and trade uploaded​

Attached Files:

2. a Gentleman

a Gentleman Partner Community Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:25990581
    Hi. Can you screenshot your full trade history, please?
  3. Miss Piggy

Miss Piggy New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:32873670
    Hi..thanks for the quick response. I have added the trade history. When I looked closer, I have now found the first offer was actually FOR my strange part for 6 ref. So I have put incorrect information above. He then decreased the offer to my buy price, but had my item in the trade. In the end it is a cheap lesson to look more closely. There is no doubt in my mind that he intended to trick me (which succeeded) as otherwise why would you DECREASE an offer that was already declined and decrease it to my buy price on backpack.tf. I have attached the trade log anyway. When I looked at his inventory the item was there even though he said it was applied to his minigun (he doesn't have a minigun). The item disappeared from his backpack quickly thereafter and I suspect was moved to an alt.

Attached Files: