1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Archived Report: 76561198163668556 - ([Other] Other game items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by Damn furry, Jan 22, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Damn furry

Damn furry New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:128946026
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Rep Fraud] Impersonation with intent to defraud
    Virtual item type involved: [Other] Other game items

Accused profile: 76561198163668556

Victim profile: 76561198218157780

What happened? Description:
    This morning I woke up to two friend requests on steam, one was a private profile that I instantly declined and the other was this Boopie individual. Boopie seemed more legit at first glance and said why not, so I accepted their friend request, then started playing TF2. When I was in game I got messaged by Boopie saying that they're really sorry and said they reported me to Steam by mistake for having duped items, then said I have to talk to a Steam admin to confirm that it was a mistake; they then provided me with a link to the admin's steam profile, I sent a friend request, talked to them; they showed me some animated screenshots of them going over my Steam profile and they seemed to have access to some administrative tools, judging by what I saw in those screenshots, looked very legit at first, then they asked for my trade link and again shared an animated screenshots showing me how to copy-paste the trade link, that's when I started to worry cause things seemed a little bit iffy. I checked this "admin"'s steam rep page and they didn't appear as a confirmed administrator, and that is when I dropped out, blocked all communication and f✿✿✿ed off. I have never met these people before.​

Provide Evidence:

Attached Files:

2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    @Damn furry Did you report them to Valve? Who was the other user they told you to add....you left that out and its very important to know.
    Will need you to report both to Valve asap and respond back.
    This is a typical situation that normally involves hijacked accounts and I will monitor the report a few days regardless to see if Valve reacts to it.
  3. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
  4. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Archiving for lack of follow up and it would appear the accounts were community banned by Valve and no longer a threat.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.