1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Pending Report: 76561198164134969 - ([TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items)

Discussion in 'Previously Banned Reports' started by [TNHo] LegoDudeGuy, Jan 28, 2015.

1. [TNHo] LegoDudeGuy

[TNHo] LegoDudeGuy New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:28528699
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Rep Fraud] Impersonation with intent to defraud
    Virtual item type involved: [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items

Accused profile: 76561198164134969

Victim profile: 76561198017323127

What happened? Description:
    I was approached by the aforementioned user, who wanted to buy my unusuals for pure buds. I was skeptical at first, but I played along as his profile led me to believe he was legit. He then asked me to trade my items to a friend, which I found strange, but he gave the reason of me not wanting to bail on the trade while he went to get the buds from a third-party. So I did, sent them to my friend whom I trusted, instructed him to trade only with me and no one else.

So he went on and added my friend, stating he wanted to make sure that my friend had my items. From their he told me that he went to go get the buds. A few minutes later he unfriends me and puts me on ignore, I shrug assuming that he bailed on some sort of failed scam, and went back to my friend and asked for my items back. He said that he already gave them back to me and that I had his hat, which I didnt.

Suffice to say, the person who added him was a phony who went on to impersonate me and convince my friend to trade him my items, and somehow his own, to which he was successful. The person who impersonated me was: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198156592792, and has already been reported here on this site, and I would assume that the person who added me was another account of a prolific scammer. I have attached screenshots showing my conversation with him, along with my inventory history and the impersonator's account w/ name history.

This action also caused my friend to unfriend and ignore me in rage.
    My friend's Steam ID: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198044879620/

He stole:
    Poisoned Shadow's Firewall Helmet (1 of 2 in existence)

Stormy Storm Ze Goggles

Orbiting TF2 Logo Mining Light

Aces High Big Country

Knifestorm Desert Marauder (My friends hat, 1 of 1 in the world)

In short, I hope this report is used to help get this guy, and his accomplice, banned, even just for a short while, and for the faint hope that we may get our items back.​

Provide Evidence:
    I have attached 5 images showing my conversation with True Traders, my personal Trade History showing that I traded only with my friend, and the accomplices profile page, showcasing that he impersonated me.​

Attached Files: