1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Evidence Provided Report: 76561198165786574 - ([TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items)

Discussion in 'Previously Banned Reports' started by Mr.Fedora {☭}, Jun 3, 2016.

1. Mr.Fedora {☭}

Mr.Fedora {☭} New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:43108353
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Item Fraud] Quick-switch trade scam or attempt
    Virtual item type involved: [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items

Accused profile: 76561198165786574

Victim profile: 76561198046482435

What happened? Description:
    I received a friend invite from the user saying he would like to purchase my unusual hats. I told him I did not have any hats but I was selling an unusual weapon, which I found suspicious seeing that's the only item I sell on the TF2 outpost. He later asked that he would like to purchase my weapon but only if I had a friend online that I trust to prevent the random chance of the item being "duped" I found this impossible because I've never heard of such a thing, thus I confronted him about his reasoning and bluffed saying I knew how steam and valve functions. After I said this bluff, he claimed "i want your friend to hold it for awhile, then I'll check his inventory to make sure it's clean. Then you can get your hat back after I check his inventory" Thus I could confirm this was an attempted scam using a fake user disguised as a friend. Included in this report is the chat history of what happened. Looking through his rep, I noticed he has been reported before, I would appreciate something to be done of this seeing I've been scammed the same way before, I would like no one else to have the same experience.​

Provide Evidence:

Attached Files:

2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Thanks sending to review
    Do keep in mind this user is already tagged/banned - in the future its best once discovered you can delete and move on.