1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Declined Report: 76561198166232544 - ([DOTA2] Dota2 Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by xiexin600, Jun 1, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xiexin600

xiexin600 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:86705090
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Money] PayPal scam or scam attempt
    Virtual item type involved: [DOTA2] Dota2 Items

Accused profile: 76561198166232544

Victim profile: 76561198133675908

What happened? Description:
    I looked up sellers selling the "Lineage of the Stormlords" (Juggernaut) set on the DotagiftX website and found this guy. He accepted my friend request and asked for payments (I made the payments), then asked me to wait for 30 days. When the 30 days were up, he made his profile private and unfriended me.​

Provide Evidence:
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. xiexin600

xiexin600 New User

Steam:
    [​IMG]
    This guy has been proven to scam others on DotagiftX. I'm only one of the few victims.
    I contacted him almost a month before he got banned (his steamreps was clean).
  3. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
  4. xiexin600

xiexin600 New User

Steam:
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Money] PayPal scam or scam attempt
    Virtual item type involved: [DOTA2] Dota2 Items

Accused profile: 76561198166232544

Victim profile: 76561198133675908

What happened? Description:
    A second attempt (probably my last attempt) at trying this, I met the accused on the DotagiftX website in an attempt to purchase the "Lineage of the Stormlord" (Dota 2 Juggernaut set). I then proceeded to add the accused on steam.

Accused asked for payment to be made on Paypal, and specifically told me what to do when making payments (clicking things like, "friends and family"). The arrangement was for me to receive the "Lineage of the Stormlord" (Dota 2 Juggernaut set) after 30 days of receiving the payment. I, unfortunately, do not have the chat record for this conversation anymore as this was 30 days ago.

Today marks the 30th day (I was supposed to have received my items by now), yet when I tried to look for the accused, I noticed he has set his profile to be private. He then asked for my email address when I asked him for my items, before deleting me from his friend's list, making contacting him impossible. I only have the cropped version of the short conversation that took place today, where I left him messages with a lot of charged language.

I understand the lack of evidence could be detrimental to my case. However, I'd like to raise awareness for the buyers who are new. I would also like to add the fact that the accused has been blacklisted (banned) on the DotagiftX website, thus making me believe he has scammed more than just myself.

I hope the steamreps team can have another look at this case. Thank you.​

Provide Evidence:

Attached Files:

5. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Nothing to take a look at again - you do not have proper evidence.
    No date stamp anywhere on that chat screenshot as required.
    Declined for final time and merging with original.
    Do not resubmit please - you can report to Valve instead.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.