1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted Report: 76561198166232544 - ([DOTA2] Dota2 Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by Cryptek, Jun 22, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cryptek

Cryptek New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:8357588
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Money] PayPal scam or scam attempt
    Virtual item type involved: [DOTA2] Dota2 Items

Accused profile: 76561198166232544

Victim profile: 76561197976980904

What happened? Description:
    I discovered dotagiftx.com on 5/20/21 to purchase cosmetic items that are only obtainable by gifting. I looked through the site and found the item I wanted "The Abscesserator Bundle" being sold by "Downs Syndrome DOTA" aka "King of dotagiftx.com". I sent a steam friend request that was accepted that same day.

His profile asked for you to comment what item you were looking for before sending a friend request which I did. He saw my comment and confirmed I was interested in "The Abscesserator Bundle" for the hero Pudge. He gave a price of $7 and asked if I knew how gifting works and explained we needed to be friends for 30 days first before steam allows you to trade the item. He asked if I wanted to reserve it as a lot of people were interested in it, I said sure and asked for the best method of payment. He provided his PayPal address ([email protected]) and provided instructions to use the "friends and family" method. I paid in full and assured me I was on the reserve list.

He did reach out me the next day and saw I posted a buy order looking for another item "Dipper the Destroyer Bundle" for the hero Ursa. After seeing my buy order, he informed me he also had this item available to trade but would have to wait just like the first one and after 30 days of being steam friends it would be gifted to me. I saw this as an easy way to get 2 items I wanted through 1 person and not having to wait till I found someone else so I said sure and paid the $6 asking price via PayPal.

Fast forward to 6/14/2021 I messaged him on steam to check in and make sure everything is good as we were close to the 30 day mark.

(See below chat log history)

He has now removed me from his friends list as of today after my second to last message which would restart the 30 day wait process before being able to trade again, implying he had no intent of gifting the item in the first place.

I saw a recently declined post from the same "seller" earlier this month where another victim like my self was decieted.
    Report: 76561198166232544​

Provide Evidence:
    See screenshots attached of the trade agreement, my item trade history, my inventory, and the chat confirming the transaction.

I wanted to mention again someone else has reported this user earlier this month for doing the same thing but it appears he didn't have the sufficient evidence to prove the sellers wrong doing. Hopefully I do to provide some justice for himself and I. Report: 76561198166232544

[6/14/2021, 12:49 PM]
    Cryptek:
    Hello there, just wanted to check in and see if we were still good to trade on the 19th this weekend?

He replied:

[6/14/2021, 5:38 PM]
    King of dotagiftx.com:

Once the 30 day mark hit I messaged him on steam
    Friday, June 18, 2021
    [Saturday 6:58 PM]
    Cryptek:
    Hello, are we able to trade today?

He did not respond
    I send some follow messages which none I received a response to:

Sunday, June 20, 2021
    [Yesterday, 11:21 AM]
    Cryptek:
    Hello, feel free to send the trade offers as we should be a few days past 30 now
    [Yesterday, 5:15 PM]
    Cryptek:
    Hey are you there?
    Monday, June 21, 2021
    [7:54 AM]
    Cryptek:
    Guessing this was a scam at this point of being ghosted and your account is private.
    [11:52 AM]
    Cryptek:
    Hello?
    [12:50 PM]
    Cryptek:
    I saw you were banned on dotagiftx and another person you scammed posted on SteamRep.com. Any comment?
    [2:03 PM]
    Cryptek:
    Hope the $13 was worth your account potentially getting trade banned

Attached Files:

2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    What date did you discuss this with this user? I do not see a date on the chat log screenshot - the first one.
  3. Cryptek

Cryptek New User

Steam:
    The discussion in the first screenshot was on 2021-05-20 at 2:55 CST

I use Greenshot that timestamps when the screenshot is taken and adds the date and time to the filename (This obviously can be manipulated) however, I can back this up by providing the screenshots file properties in Windows if needed.
  4. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    I don't see the date on it, which is important however I may be able to view other things to verify. In the future you must make sure date/time stamps are on the screenshots.
    I need to see EVERY transaction of paypal activity from 5/19/21 till now - if more than one screenshot is needed make sure a previous date overlaps into the next and so on.
    I need to see EVERY trade from 5/19/21 till now thru TRADE INVENTORY HISTORY - do NOT give trade offers like you did.
    Same thing as paypal - if you have more than one screenshot I need each one to overlap a previous trade into the next so there are no gaps and you must make sure ALL screenshots are FULL SCREEN! No exceptions and no edits.
  5. Cryptek

Cryptek New User

Steam:
    Understood, I have attached another screenshot with the conversation open and the file properties being displayed with a date and time stamp from Windows. Hopefully this will help in verification.
    Attached are the PayPal activity from 5/19/21 to Today, numbered in order newest to oldest transactions.
    Also uploaded is my steam trade history from the same time period.

Attached Files:

6. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    I'll go over that soon - however again properties of a file doesn't excuse the lack of date stamp on the Screenshot itself - this is something you can't ignore in the future.
    I already said there was something else I can look for to verify this anyway but just so EVERYONE else knows that is reading or will read this to make sure a date is shown on the original full screenshot of any conversation.
  7. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Your report was accepted and the accused was banned. Feel free to report a violation via their Steam profile.

In order to do that, you have to:
    1. Visit the accuseds profile
    2. Click MORE drop-down located at the top right of the page
    3. Choose REPORT VIOLATION
    4. Select the violation, then describe it and provide the evidence
    5. Click SUBMIT REPORT

Click here to view an animated gif that shows how to report a violation.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.