1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Archived Report: 76561198167205706 - ([None] No items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by spyrox, Aug 5, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spyrox

spyrox New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:33436748
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**

Scam Report

Report Type: [Item Fraud] Quick-switch trade scam or attempt
    Virtual item type involved: [None] No items

Accused profile: 76561198167205706

Victim profile: 76561198027139224

What happened? Description:
    Fraud with Etherium game and not keeping his end of the bargain. I know him only from steamtrades.com, here is a link to what was going on although I wrote it briefly in the Evidence window.​

Provide Evidence:
    hi, first of all, sorry that I do write about cd key scam in the end, but I have video footage proving it, think it is better than screenshots...

Well that guy scammed me in trade and gave me a region restricted key of Etherium game, first he was looking that he didn't know it was region locked to Polish language only, said he was gonna sort it out by writing the developer of the game. Long story short, we agreed that after 5 days, we will sort it out, whether the developer answers or not, in the second case, I send him a site where he could buy me a fully working key /and afterwards keep the one from the developer/. After 12 days of the trade, he just ignores me, not replying to my messages, although I told him that I recorded it. Well I think people should be warned about a guy, who doesn't keep his side of a deal. Although he has like 300+ steamtrades rep, it seems that not all of it are legit...

Thank you, for reviewing this matter.​

Attached Files:

2. spyrox

spyrox New User

Steam:
    btw... I lost in the trade process Metal Gear Rising Revengence and NFS Hot Pursuit.
    and he still trades his restricted Etherium copies without warning.
  3. spyrox

spyrox New User

Steam:
    apparently youtube had problems with the video, showing a scam...so here's a mirror
  4. L'autre

L'autre New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:35799658
    idk but i know that it's a pain to trade with him. he speak too much and he have not understand the principle of barter.vg...
  5. CCPD

CCPD New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:54421459
    It would help your case if you could take screenshots of the chat and anything else that can support your claim from the video, and upload them to the SR forum using Upload a File button.
  6. Ufolec (idle/afk)

Ufolec (idle/afk) New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:103469989
    This problem was solved in August of 2015. He received from me compensation for a key that didn't have the English language available.

The problem was that the publisher "Focus Home Interactive" did not inform that the game released by them in Poland lacked the English language on Steam.

The user (spyrox) has activated the game by cd-key and informed me that he can't change the language in-game. I tried to get refund or a new key from the publisher which contains English, but it proved impossible. I was convinced that the game doesn't have restrictions.

After that, the user as compensation received from me other games that he has chosen. Since that time we had no contact with each other, because they removed me from their friends list and would not accept again.

When I was dealing with him, I owned +324 satisfied traders on SteamGifts page (100%). At this moment, December 2015, I have statistics:
    SteamGifts: +491 positive unique comments
    Barter.vg: +628 completed offers, where +272 Unique

I don't know how revoce and cancel this report, so I decided to write a post and administrator will be able to react and close/remove very old report.
  7. spyrox

spyrox New User

Steam:
    First of all, I totally forgot about this thread...

Secondly, no, this matter was solved only in mid September by anohter game key, not "games" as stated above by Ufolec. So it was stretching over a month almost two to get to that compensation. And I doubt I would have gotten even, if I had't had made videos of our conversantions....this guy just don't understads that when trading goes wrong, it is expected to compensate the other party RIGHT IN THE MOMENT, not when the offered game will be on a sale for one dollar - so that he doesn't lose much. I didn't want the game he gave me as compensation, I wanted an unrestricted copy of the game we traded...Etherium. But as I saw that it was no use and I wouldn't get it, I resolved to that other game.

Thirdly, so basically this got solved somehow, not to my desired effect but whatever.

Furthermore, I don't recommend to deal with Ufolec with game keys. From my experience, it was exhausting and overly time-consuming with no desired effect in the first place and therefore I have him tagged on steam as "ignore".
  8. spyrox

spyrox New User

Steam:
    edit> just some missed parts, will be underlined

And I doubt I would have gotten even that, if I had't had made videos of our conversantions....
    ...not when the offered game will be on a sale for one dollar - so that he doesn't lose much. - his word when I told him to get Etherium when it was for a fiver on steam.
  9. Ufolec (idle/afk)

Ufolec (idle/afk) New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:103469989
    I saw that you totally forgot about this thread, and I couldn't contact with you.
    Okey, so this problem was solved in September of 2015 when spyrox received from me compensation for a key that lacked the English language on Steam.
    I don't remember what spyrox received as compensation, but I know that he chose game for himself, then remove me and still not close this report and rep on SG after that.
  10. spyrox

spyrox New User

Steam:
    yes, this thread can be closed now, if some administrator could do that, that would be great, as I cannot close it.
    As for the SG rep, well, after the compensation, I changed the message in the rep I gave you, I think what I wrote is purely objective and true, nothing was made up. I just simply don't advice ppl to trade with game keys with Ufolec, after my bitter experience.

And I am sure that had I not made the videos, still havent deleted them from my other disk, I would be waiting for a compensation till now and probably till the game wouldn't be in some humble bundle...tier1...of course. With that logic in trading, I wish I could trade some games and pay for them when they are devaluated....
    That's all I have to say to this matter.
    Please close this thread.
  11. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    The report lacks evidence either way, I wouldn't expect to get additional things if I asked so I'm going to archive it. Next time please use screenshots vs videos and be more patient when trading to avoid future issues.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.