1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Declined Report: 76561198171351290 - ([CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by Naf, Jun 24, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Naf

Naf New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:236840050
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Money] PayPal scam or scam attempt
    Virtual item type involved: [CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items

Accused profile: 76561198171351290

Victim profile: 76561198433945829

What happened? Description:
    He approached me from the TradeCentral discord, appearing to warn me about another user who tagged me, saying he was a scammer. A while later he said he was interested in buying my inventory. We agreed on a price and I told him to send me a fraction (£8) upfront. He said it wasn't working and screen shared himself trying to send me the money on PayPal and he appeared to be telling the truth. I said we could try again later; the next day we tried again and he sent me £8 but through Goods & Services (I assume so he could chargeback if I did't refund). At this point I refunded it and simply told him to send me the full amount and trusted him to do so after I sent my inventory. He told me to hang on for a bit and after a few minutes he began to delete his discord messages. He also changed his profile (URL, bio, name etc). I reported him on the TradeCentral discord and he was banned; he then messaged me offering me an amount of money to delete my DMs to him to which I obviously declined. However after sometime, I looked back at his profile and he had changed it back, which I can only assume is his "scamming persona".​

Provide Evidence:
    Screenshots uploaded
    Imgur album of same images: https://imgur.com/a/LX7txJg

Attached Files:

2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.