1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted Report: 76561198172649307 - ([TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by Quantom X, Feb 3, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Quantom X

Quantom X New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:58689423
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Rep Fraud] Impersonation with intent to defraud
    Virtual item type involved: [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items

Accused profile: 76561198172649307

Victim profile: 76561198077644574

What happened? Description:
    "gwen" Added me the other day and offered to make Source Film Maker posters of TF2 in high quality for a few ref, around 2-3 ref was initial asking price. He said it would take around 7 hours for a high quality poster, which struck me as odd that he would spend that much time on it for just 3 ref.

I told him what I wanted in the image, and he gave me a bit of a run around on the content usable but I agreed as best as I could, and ordered an image of my dream Spy. Blood Banker painted gold, Rogue's Brogue's Painted gold, and a Hate of Cards painted Brown with Phosphorous Unusual effect. I offered to pay him 4 ref and give him a copy of the game Ampersand in return.

The following day, after a bit of a conversation, he emailed me an image. And it was not what I had ordered at all. The spy was all wrong and the extra people in it were not right either. I decided initially to accept it and was about to send an offer of the payment when I got suspicions. I looked at the URL title of the image he sent me and copied the identifying names into Google and ran a search for the image. It was the first thing to come up.
    http://viewseps.deviantart.com/art/Team-Fortress-2-TF2-TRIO-534266548
    Made 9 months ago by ViewSEPS on Deviant Art.
    I asked Gwen when he made the image and he said he did it yesterday... That's when I saw that the image he had sent me was cropped at the bottom to remove ViewSEPS' watermark. I confronted him about it and he began begging me not to report him.​

Provide Evidence:

Attached Files:

2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    @Quantom X Do you have the rest of the chat? Screen of trade inventory history?
  3. Quantom X

Quantom X New User

Steam:
    I have some of the conversation prior and the apology after. I don
    I have some of the conversation prior and the apology after. I don't have the very beginning of the conversation, do have what my phone archived from when I logged onto the app while talking to him. I took screen shots on my phone of the conversation I had with him about setting up the idea for the picture he would make me. and you can see from what he says and trying to get around my suggestions that he is wanting to set it up like the image he stole from ViewSEPS to sell to me. I labled those screenshots as Pitch 1 through 18. the screen shots of the conversation after what I already submitted to you were also taken from my phone when he realized he was caught and began beging me to not report him, in other words admitting to the crime.
    as far as the trade, I didn't confirm the trade in the app yet after I sent it, and once I realized what was going on, i canceled the trade before I confirmed it. but i took a screen shot of the cancled trade of the 4 ref anyways. I was going to send the Ampersand game via gift send but didn't do it yet when I realized.
    't have the very begging of the conversation, do have what my phone archived from when I logged onto the app while talking to him. I am attacthing the new screenshots to this. 14 this post, rest on next

Attached Files:

4. Quantom X

Quantom X New User

Steam:
    rest of screenshots

Attached Files:

5. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Thanks - I'll move this to review
    Quantom X likes this.
  6. Quantom X

Quantom X New User

Steam:
    Thanks. How will I know when/if anything is done?
  7. [Team RiSe] GwenHD

[Team RiSe] GwenHD Caution on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:106191789
    I'm sorry! Youre the first person whom I did this to. I already stopped it and I am very sad and depressed about please don't :(
  8. Quantom X

Quantom X New User

Steam:
    After some consideration and talk with Gwen, I have decided to drop the report. So please, if you can now, remove this report or at least take no action against him. Thanks
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.