1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted Report: 76561198175004613 - ([DOTA2] Dota2 Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by gnmh, Feb 4, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gnmh

gnmh New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:50787766
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Money] Steam Wallet fraud
    Virtual item type involved: [DOTA2] Dota2 Items

Accused profile: 76561198175004613

Victim profile: 76561198061841261

What happened? Description:
    On 29 December, I went onto DotagiftX website to search for an item and saw this seller's listing for a decent price. Messaged him same day to set up and deal, all went well with a deposit placed (half the value of item) through Steam gift cards on Jan 2 (after 3 days). Seller then put the item in reservation status with my steam profile in accordance to DotagiftX procedures.

30 days passed (30 Jan 2023) and when I gifted him another Steam card (the remaining value of item), I have been met with delays in item delivery. Finally on 4 Feb 2023, the seller has blocked me on Steam and I highly doubt I would be able to receive the item nor my money back.

I have full screen shots of the deal and would be happy to provide more evidence if necessary.​

Provide Evidence:
    Evidence provided through screenshots in the attached PDF file. I am unable to upload multiple files and hence, have collated them on a PDF. If you need the raw screenshots please feel free to e-mail me at [email protected]

Thanks​

Attached Files:

2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
  3. gnmh

gnmh New User

Steam:
    Hi @Horse, thanks for the feedback. I have uploaded all evidence as requested, thanks!

Attached Files:

4. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Thanks - issue is I can't confirm you were ever friends with this exact user by SteamID - all I see is a chat box with a name and profile image. Need to verify this and you can do that with a screenshot of your friend/user activity thru a web browser - when you take this and it shows you adding the user hover your mouse pointer over the users name so it shows the popup of the profile. Make sure you open this in a web browser before doing anything rather than steam client. Take the screenshot and make sure it's Full Screen and make sure steam client URL is enabled, not edited or cropped in any way! Upload HEREā€¦NOT imgur, NOT gyazo or any other 3rd party hosting site!

Please review this screenshot guide to help you:

https://forums.steamrep.com/threads/screenshot-guide-requirements.157969/

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
  5. gnmh

gnmh New User

Steam:
    Thanks @Horse, did you mean a screenshot like this?

I just want to add if this user have never been involved with any sort of deal with me, I would not be blocked by him. We have no commonality other than Dota 2 since we play in different regions (USA for him, SEA for me). There are no circumstances that will lead to him blocking my profile other than the fact that we had a "deal" and one of us had bad intent all along.

Attached Files:

6. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    no that isn't what I asked for - we must verify you and this user were in fact friends/communicating to verify identity. Your profile on steam is full private so that doesn't help at any point as is the other users settings. We are limited on what we can use to review but must prove identity.
    So unless your friend activity shows where you were friends not blocking another cause that can be done at any point even if you never talked to someone then we can not review this.
  7. gnmh

gnmh New User

Steam:
    @Horse I have uploaded a screen recording from my iPhone to prove the user and I were communicating (only because the user and I were friends);
    https://youtube.com/shorts/q1SNSCCk5pE

At the end you would see I was unable to send a message because we are not friends anymore (due to the user blocking my account). Let me try to un-private my profile and look for what you require.

If you are asking me to produce a screenshot similar to the attached one, I will not be able to because the user has removed/blocked my profile and hence, he is no longer on my friend list.

Please refer to the screen recording here to show again the same thing when I try to add the scammer back to my friend list;
    https://watch.screencastify.com/v/6EhDLunYEqS9wL7RqhkU

The same logic applies, why would he have any intention to block me, a fellow Steam user over 9,000 miles away if we were never acquainted before? Hope this is enough damning evidence, thank you.

Here's a screenshot of the gift card sent to the scammer, at the bottom you would be able to see the Steam profile URL and since Steam only allow gifting of gift cards to friends, I think this suffice as evidence of friendship/communication.

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 4, 2023
  8. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Please don't spam - we don't review videos.
    Your friend activity screenshot is what I'm asking for.
    Respond with that for now and once provided then will inquire for additional evidence.
  9. gnmh

gnmh New User

Steam:
    Apologies for the spam, I have attached the latest friend activity screenshot for your reference. May I ask what information are you looking for here?

Attached Files:

10. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Thanks - there is no evidence in that where you were in contact/friends with this user. This is very important but may come back to it and exactly why having private profiles are bad.

Take new screens of the gift card screenshots - open in web browser, hover mouse pointer over users name so it shows up their steam ID at the bottom.
    There is one that is edited - reproduce that one unedited pls (without red arrow).
    You may have taken one of these already but it needs to be brand new and current.
  11. gnmh

gnmh New User

Steam:
    Got it, now that I am involved in this I see the value of having a public profile and friend activities.

I have attached the requested screenshots for both gift cards delivered on 2 Jan and 27 Jan 2023. Since Steam's requirement regarding gifting requires both giver and receiver to be friends for minimally 3 days, it is clear that the scammer and I were in each other's friends list for sure.

I have also uploaded the DotagiftX reservation list screenshot for your reference.

Thank you!

Attached Files:

12. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Your report was accepted and the accused was banned. Feel free to report a violation via their Steam profile.

In order to do that, you have to:
    1. Visit the accuseds profile
    2. Click MORE drop-down located at the top right of the page
    3. Choose REPORT VIOLATION
    4. Select the violation, then describe it and provide the evidence
    5. Click SUBMIT REPORT

Click here to view an animated gif that shows how to report a violation.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.