1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Invalid Report: 76561198179893898 - ([TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by ◕ ‿ ◕ SealShpeeDaSweggy, Jan 19, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scam Report

Report Type: [Rep Fraud] Impersonation with intent to defraud
    Virtual item type involved: [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items

Accused profile: 76561198179893898

Victim profile: 76561198116928217

What happened? Description:
    This person added me pretending to be a user and trader named "CouchPotato". As I am writing up this report he has now changed his name to Mazak | DLore FT 0.15 because he is using a scam method where if you send a trade offer to someone on bp.tf, a impersonator of the person you send the trade offer to you will add you to their friends which is exactly what this user has done. He added me asking if I could get the "market graph percentage", since I sent an offer of 4 keys pure to the real person to buy his scattergun. He also claimed that they were "duped keys" which is why he was doing this. I called him out like the scammer he was and he started to deny that he was in the wrong. He said he used a website called "tf2id.com", I refused to look it up because there a hijacking method going around where if you log into a website using your steam account, the scammer gets your username and password and tries to steal your account. I shut him down the a bit of profanity and ever since that message, he has not responded, making it very obvious that he was trying to scam.​

Provide Evidence:
    Screenshots down below​

Attached Files:

2. a bit of a typo at the second line, i was meant to write "market graph percentage" of my keys"*
  3. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Unfortunately, SteamRep does not accept reports dealing with hijacking/phishing/hacking -Due to current Investigative Policy
    http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/investigative-policy.140101/

This includes anything to do with API key requests, wrong or misspelled URL's and sites requesting logins of any type in attempts to steal your credentials.
    These are phishing/hijacking attempts and are not to be reported to SteamRep!

You can report the user to Valve instead
    In order to do that, you have to:
    1. Visit the accuseds profile
    2. Click MORE drop-down located at the top right of the page
    3. Choose REPORT VIOLATION
    4. Select the violation, then describe it and provide the evidence
    5. Click SUBMIT REPORT

Click here to view an animated gif that shows how to report a violation.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.