1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Archived Report: 76561198182518654 - ([CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by Develop, Sep 30, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Develop

Develop New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:48212034
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Money] Steam Wallet fraud
    Virtual item type involved: [CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items

Accused profile: 76561198182518654

Victim profile: 76561198056689796

What happened? Description:
    Posts offers on people loung posts saying 90$ or 70$ steam code for their items. When no such item exist.
    He doesn't say 70$ via 20 & 50 he just says one code etc. He's also buying a ton of the key item in dota 2 scams.

for more info.
    He doesn't own Dota2 I don't think. YET
    Doubt enough for full on tag but caution could do​

Provide Evidence:
    He also indirectly confesses to being a scammer.
    Highly Haughty Ginger™: ?
    fl4nderz [buying]: wtf do you want?
    Highly Haughty Ginger™: Well you tell me
    Highly Haughty Ginger™: Buying items with a 70$ steam code? No such thing, WEather orbs are what bait switchers use to scam people. So tell me
    Highly Haughty Ginger™: what do I want?
    fl4nderz [buying]: yea
    Highly Haughty Ginger™: first thing first
    Highly Haughty Ginger™: Do you know who I am?
    Highly Haughty Ginger™: I thought not,
    fl4nderz [buying]: you have no proof im a scammer. If anything you can be a scammer trying to get rid of other scammers idfk
    Highly Haughty Ginger™: So you admit you are a scammer
    fl4nderz [buying]: idk you could be sparkles for all i know
    Highly Haughty Ginger™: You just said im a scammer trying to get rid of other scammers.
    Highly Haughty Ginger™: indirectly confessing to scamming
    fl4nderz [buying]: common sense
    Highly Haughty Ginger™: Not common sense,
    Highly Haughty Ginger™: If I was a scammer, I sure as hell wouldn't be wasting my time sharking out fraudulent activities
    fl4nderz [buying]: ok
    fl4nderz [buying]: so who are you
    fl4nderz [buying]: sparkles
    Highly Haughty Ginger™: Myself along with Salmon & Gentleman are 3 revered memebers of Steamrep
    Highly Haughty Ginger™: who take it upon ourselves
    Highly Haughty Ginger™: to root out scammers
    fl4nderz [buying]: im sure you are
    Highly Haughty Ginger™: and destroy their accounts on steamrep.
    Highly Haughty Ginger™: check my friends list.
    fl4nderz [buying]: lol impersonater
    Highly Haughty Ginger™: Salmon & Gentleman are on there,
    Highly Haughty Ginger™: Report me then,
    Highly Haughty Ginger™: I'll gladly respond to a steamrep report
    Highly Haughty Ginger™: with my accurate account provided
    Highly Haughty Ginger™: Report me
    Highly Haughty Ginger™: I dare you
    fl4nderz [buying]: to steam or steam rep?
    Highly Haughty Ginger™: steamrep
    Highly Haughty Ginger™: idgaf.
    Highly Haughty Ginger™: I dare you
    fl4nderz [buying]: i dont even use steam rep lol
    Highly Haughty Ginger™: you're gonna want an account ;)
    fl4nderz [buying]: ok
    fl4nderz [buying]: so what makes you think im not legit
    Highly Haughty Ginger™: I know there is no such thing as 70$ steam code
    Highly Haughty Ginger™: Im not a ✿✿✿✿✿✿.​

Attached Files:

• `.PNG
      `.PNG
      File size:
      2 MB
      Views:
    • 1.PNG
      1.PNG
      File size:
      538.3 KB
      Views:
    • 2.PNG
      2.PNG
      File size:
      475.4 KB
      Views:
    • 3.PNG
      3.PNG
      File size:
      519.5 KB
      Views:
    • 4.PNG
      4.PNG
      File size:
      519.5 KB
      Views:
    • 5.PNG
      5.PNG
      File size:
      437.8 KB
      Views:
    • 6.PNG
      6.PNG
      File size:
      223.5 KB
      Views:
  2. Develop

Develop New User

Steam:
    That video is also evil. Following that is not advised. That is for demonstration purposes only. DO NOT PARTAKE IN THE ACTIVITIES LISTED IN THAT VIDEO. IT is purely used as a reference for my claim.
  3. fl4nderz [buying]

fl4nderz [buying] New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:111126463
    evi1.gif evi1.gif evi1.gif evi2.png This report is the most fake and desperate attempt for attention i have recently seen. To start off i am trying to get a weather orb for a friend who has Dota 2 and is new to it http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198057097283/ go and ask him. Next off, yes I do message people on lounge saying I will buy and item for $70. However to most people with common sense who have used a steam card before, they know that there is no such thing as a $70 card and know that they will receive a $50 card and a $20 card. It is more convenient for the reader, and me the typer to condense the value into a $70 code instead of a $50 code and a $20 code. Next off, "you have no proof im a scammer. If anything you can be a scammer trying to get rid of other scammers idfk". My first interaction with the original poster was when he abruptly posted on all 3 of my trades on CS Go Lounge stating that I'm a scammer. In the message he used illogical arguments and stereotypes such as "there is no $70 steam code" and "weather orb is used for baiting and switching" and was also asking if I know who I am. I responded with an equally logical response by saying that he has no proof that i am a scammer and that he could be a scammer "trying to get rid of other scammers". This by definition does not mean that i am a scammer. In the context I clearly stated that he could be a scammer abusing his "power" as stated that he is "associated" with steamrep. It is purely satirical in nature and if the original poster passed grade 11 or grade 12 English he would understand the context of it. Also, I am alluding to the possibility with the quote and "figuratively" saying that since i am "accused" of scamming that I am "confirmed" scammer. Next Develop states that "Myself along with Salmon & Gentleman are 3 revered memebers of Steamrep" Now when i checked the steam rep profile of Salmon, he has a caution labeling by steam rep for possible paypal scammer, which is extremely hypocritical of Develop to "team" up with Salmon to quoting him again "hunt" down scammers and "destroy their accounts steam rep", considering that by his logic, Salmon is a confirmed scammer. Now i am starting to quote out of the conversation Develop uploaded but i have screenshots. Another thing, Develop compares the thought of a $70 steam card to a mentally disabled person "I know there is no such thing as a $70 steam code, Im not a ✿✿✿✿✿✿" Throughout the conversation I had with the original poster, he was rude and disrespectful calling me at points "a moron" and "idiot", and "✿✿✿✿✿✿" and "stupid", which is pretty disrespectful considering i tried to remain civil throughout the conversation. Also claiming to being the victim in this report really proves that I am not a scammer since he has absolutely zero proof to go by besides stereotypes from scammers, such as weather orbs and steam wallet codes, which the majority of the people who trade any of these are not scammers. I have had no previous reports or comments on my profile related to scamming and all Develop has to go on is his past experiences dealing with scammers. Also, Develop mentioned himself as a "reversed member of steamrep", although when later asking him he said "he isn't associated with steamrep" although being a member is being associated with a group with in this case seems sketchy considering these two responses from the original poster. Right after i told him this, he types 2 quotes, the first one being "Its better to let someone think you are an idiot then type on the keyboard and prove it to me." and the second one being "but you didn't seem to fall out of a stupid tree, you were dragged through the dumbass forest. I neither have the time nor the patience to continue explaining to you this. Be gone." which then Develop subsequently unfriends and blocks me and makes this report. Look at screenshots. After all of this, he posts a link to this report on my steam profile and says "ay lmaooo". I will also be filing a report on Develops account after i deal with this fake report. To be clear, his video is also irrelevant since I never attempted or even did anything remotely close to what they did in the video after i watched it.

Attached Files:

4. Develop

Develop New User

Steam:
    First off all, it's pitiful to see you try and cram your vocabulary into one single paragraph. Second of all, it is you who is desperate for attention and other's money turning my report into your cute little flame thread by being a hypocrite yourself. Let me break your dumb accusation down into answers for you.
    "To start off i am trying to get a weather orb for a friend who has Dota 2 and is new to it http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198057097283/ go and ask him. " That could very well be, it's just something I found odd in of itself. But that adds nothing to my accusation against you, that was just something I threw in. It very well could be your friend's orb, I don't care.
    "Next off, yes I do message people on lounge saying I will buy and item for $70. " Yes you do, and that is extremely red flagging to any experienced trader that there really is no such thing, Only after I confronted you did you pull out of that hat that 50+20 = 70...Well done.
    "you have no proof im a scammer. If anything you can be a scammer trying to get rid of other scammers idfk". I didn't accuse you of scamming anyone, I simply said in the above report if you would've read it, I said basically this isn't a bannable offense, but more or less something to be cautious with, and a caution tag is what I would like to see. You response to my questions leaves me without doubt that our interaction should be documented, Like here. Ergo I did.
    "My first interaction with the original poster was when he abruptly posted on all 3 of my trades on CS Go Lounge stating that I'm a scammer. In the message he used illogical arguments and stereotypes such as "there is no $70 steam code" and "weather orb is used for baiting and switching" Yes I did post on your trades that there is no 70$ code, and I also posted what the weather orb is used for , for anyone who might trade for one. Nothing implied about it just informing people about the usage / context of the trades.
    "scammer "trying to get rid of other scammers". This by definition does not mean that i am a scammer." Yes it does. By saying "You're a scammer trying to get rid of other scammers" That most defiantly proves to my accusation that you are a scammer. You said it yourself you said that you were a scammer by calling me a scammer, you said if your logic is that i'm a scammer, then i'm ridding other scammers = you.
    The crap about me claiming SR Membership: I am a member of the steamrep community, and as for Gentleman, I am not certain if he still hunts around scammers, but I do know that Salmon and myself still search for scammers and report them. Between the two of us we make enough yearly reports to merit our own staff member to handle solely our reports. But that's illogical. I told you many times that I am not SR Staff but just a player who makes SR community a part of my daily/weekly agenda. I informed you of that many times and you claimed I was an impersonator.
    "if the original poster passed grade 11 or grade 12 English he would understand the context of it." You need to take a chill pill, you are the one who proved time and time again you couldn't have passed the 11th or 12th grade English, because your grammar & English skills lack any uniform punctuation, spelling or grammatical accuracy. Never the less, I don't need to make your education my business.
    "He is a hypocrite for teaming up with Salmon" No I am not if you could read, there is a reason Salmon was cautioned, and he will have it removed. He was in possession of a scammer item that was being resolved via a report. He didn't want to pay for stolen goods unless they were proved not stolen through the disputed report. His intentions are good and I have good faith he will make his amends. His doing is not by my affiliation either but you are welcome to interpret that much.
    Blah blah blah about insults: I do not have ANY TOLERATION for scammers or individuals who I suspect of that much. I do not treat nicely to those who wish to steal money. Especially if you waste MY TIME to do so, If I offended you by calling you a tard, I apologize. But I do not recant my statements about you proving your ignorance to me, because you reinforced that with your response to my report.
    I'm gonna be a brat and revenge report: If you do this, I will gladly have it closed promptly as a revenge report, I have not partaken in any fraudulent activities nor have I traded with a scammer nor have I scammed. As such this is not the place to handle your anger.

Any ways,
    TL;DR: Read it.
  5. fl4nderz [buying]

fl4nderz [buying] New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:111126463
    You know what. I have better and more important things in my life to do than to reply again to this pointless thread. You have no concrete evidence as mentioned multiple times before that I am a scammer or am doing anything of that sort. I will be waiting here for either a ban from steam rep or this report to be closed. Not sure how long that will take because its probably a low priority level report. Anyways, good luck to catching some actual scammers and have a good day!
  6. a Gentleman

a Gentleman SteamRep Moderator Partner Community Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:25990581
    Hi, I would take a closer look at this report, but I'll have to recuse myself because I reviewed the report that got rake tagged. I'll try to refer this to another moderator to look at.
  7. a Gentleman

Steam:
    Unrecusing myself. No attempt was made here, archiving.
  8. a Gentleman

Steam:
    Hello Develop,

Unfortunately, there is not enough evidence presented for this report to be processed.
    I will be archiving this thread shortly.

I recommend that you read SteamRep's Submission Fundamentals.
    If any new evidence comes to light, feel free to create a new report.

Best,
    Gentleman
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.