1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted Report: 76561198188615134 - ([TF2] Team Fortress 2

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by Momo | trade.tf, Jul 7, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Momo | trade.tf

Momo | trade.tf New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:70414252
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Other] Any other fraudulant behavior
    Virtual item type involved: [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items

Accused profile: 76561198188615134

Victim profile: 76561198101094232

What happened? Description:
    Yet another tough lesson on internet trust. I was good friends with the user, regularly talking with him, helping each other out with small amounts. At one point he asked me for a loan of 5 keys for 2-3 days, and i accepted. Shortly later i got blocked, but he didn't remove me from his friends list. Interestingly, i still had a little hope that he might not scam me. Next day he added "# QUITTED" to his name, and later "#ON VACATION TILL JAN". Possible motive is the fact he got scammed just before asking for the loan, but he didn't actually tell me about it. I tried contacting him by writing a comment in his group announcement, but he immediately went offline.​

Provide Evidence:

Attached Files:

2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    @Momo | trade.tf Need to see unedited/uncropped full screen shot of your trade inventory history for that date/trade to present please.
  3. Momo | trade.tf

Momo | trade.tf New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:70414252
    Here it is, please reply ASAP.
  4. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    I posted a link to the report on his profile comments... going to wait till tomorrow to follow up since its right on the 2day time frame for which he said he would give the items back.
  5. Random Guy

Random Guy Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:114174703
    Its funny how my report got "invalid" while this one will get sccepted, even though I had more proof, you steam rep admins are either blind or are being paid (NO OFFENCE.) About the report, I added momo. I expect this to get taken down soon. And yes, I'm on a vacation for 6 months JUST BECAUSE U ADMINS DID NOT ACCEPT THAT. IF 15 keys mean nothing to you, go ahead and send me and send me an offer. Keys will be returned AFTER this issue is taken down. Otherwise, you can go ahead and accept this, scammed items are no longer returned. Thanks.
  6. TFD_Industries™

TFD_Industries™ Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:23416765
    First of all, you did not provide the full chat record as evidence, so it is impossible for us to determine whether or not you received any code at all.
    If you read through the link Horse left in his comment regarding your report, you would have seen the reason why it was declined in the first place.
    I have pasted that reason directly below for your convenience. For evidence to be admissible, it must be relevant, without being unfairly prejudicial, and it must have some indicia of reliability.
    Please note that we do appreciate your effort in filing any report, but we cannot process them purely based on what you stated.
  7. Random Guy

Steam:
    The chat I put there was FULL and was NOT modified in ANY way! I think that was enough proof, but I do not see what I'm lacking. If you want, I can give my account balance, and as well that I have NO untradeable stuff along with my market history.
  8. TFD_Industries™

Steam:
    I claimed that the chat evidence was incomplete due to the fact that I can see the scroll bar indicating that there is a history of conversation between you and the accused you reported.
    We also cannot determine whether or not the chat has ended there as the trade itself is also yet incomplete at that time.
    You have to understand that we are not unreasonable, I'm trying to help you better understand why the report was invalidated in the first place.

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
  9. Random Guy

Steam:
    What do u mean? I copy pasted the chat in the evidence bar. Is it not there?
  10. TFD_Industries™

Steam:
    If you have uploaded them in the report, they should work. However, I don't see them in the old report.
    And if that's the case, feel free to submit a new report with the missing evidence.
  11. Random Guy

Steam:
    I appreciate this. I can provide the chat here. I still have it, I put it in the "evidence" bar, seems it didn't come up. I'll try to put it where it says "describe what happened". I hope it gets accepted.
  12. TFD_Industries™

Steam:
    I'll re-open that report, you can upload the missing evidence as a reply there.
  13. Random Guy

Steam:
    Its 3:45 am here, and I have a PC curfew till 12 am. I will try to get the evidence ASAP. (Most likely 4-5 hours)
    TFD_Industries™ likes this.
  14. Random Guy

Steam:
    I found the chat in one of my reports (backpack.tf trust) I'm posting it to the report u opened. ;)
  15. TFD_Industries™

Steam:
    Hello @Momo | trade.tf
    The evidence is sufficient for your report to be prioritized for further investigation.
    We appreciate your effort in filing this report, and please do so again if you encounter any scam attempts. Thank you.

@Random Guy
    You may submit an appeal after you return the keys to the victim.
    Make sure you read the rules and tips before submitting the appeal.
  16. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Hello,

Your report was accepted and the accused was banned. Feel free to report a violation via their Steam profile.

In order to do that, you have to:
    1. Visit the accuseds profile
    2. Click MORE drop-down located at the top right of the page
    3. Choose REPORT VIOLATION
    4. Select the violation, then describe it and provide the evidence
    5. Click SUBMIT REPORT

Click here to view an animated gif that shows how to report a violation.

Thank you for reporting this user.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.