1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Declined Report: 76561198194926455 - ([DOTA2] Dota2 Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by iNub, Sep 26, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iNub

iNub New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:56550947
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Money] PayPal scam or scam attempt
    Virtual item type involved: [DOTA2] Dota2 Items

Accused profile: 76561198194926455

Victim profile: 76561198073367622

What happened? Description:
    I saw this person selling a PA Gothic Whisper set on dotagiftx.com. I added them as a friend and made the payment of 25USD. He said it will be automatically delivered to me on the 25th of Sept.

Over the next few days I noticed that they did not put the item up as reserved. I messaged them about it but was met with silence. After a few more attempts, they responded that they will reflect that the item is reserved, which they did.

Fast forward to 25th Sept, I messaged them about sending the item and there was no response. I messaged again on 26th Sept, and still no response. A few hours later, I checked back and noticed that I was unfriended and this person had changed their steam username from "K1 DE DIA KK DE NOCHE" to "Mayopalta" and also set their profile to private.​

Provide Evidence:
    Evidence provided in screen shots. However chat log screen shots were taken for myself without knowing the necessary requirements of this site. Browser task bar contains work related links and thus was cropped out.

In the screenshots it can be seen that I paid him 25 USD and he agreed to send me the item on 25th Sept. It is also shown how he has unfriended me, changed profile name and made it private. Under trade history it shows that I did get any items from him.​

Attached Files:

2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Thanks - issue is I can't confirm you were ever friends with this exact user by SteamID - all I see is a chat box with a name and profile image. Need to verify this and you can do that with a screenshot of your friend/user activity thru a web browser - when you take this and it shows you adding the user hover your mouse pointer over the users name so it shows the popup of the profile. Make sure you open this in a web browser before doing anything rather than steam client. Take the screenshot and make sure it's Full Screen and make sure steam client URL is enabled, not edited or cropped in any way! Upload HERE…NOT imgur, NOT gyazo or any other 3rd party hosting site!

Please review this screenshot guide to help you:

https://forums.steamrep.com/threads/screenshot-guide-requirements.157969/
  3. iNub

iNub New User

Steam:
    Good day mate, thank you for reviewing and providing feed back.

When I went to take a look at friend activity, the accused does not show up on it anymore since he unfriended and blocked me. However, a friend of mine (Owl) did add him as well, and that activity does show up. I can screen shot this.
    Additionally, in the earlier pictures I had submitted (scam01), in the conversation he mentioned that I had added him last month. Wouldn't this be an acknowledgement that we were friends at that point of time?
    Also, I did take a phone picture to a personal friend that highlighted the various battle pass levels of individuals on my friendlist. The accused and Owl are both in that same picture, which should prove that the accused, with that profile picture and username, was on my friendlist.

Please let me know if any of these would help.

Thank you.
  4. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Without verifying identity we can't review this, sorry but the report is now declined.
    nothing on our end shows any connection to this user as required to verify that nor can you provide it.
    The private friends/profile hurts this ability but too late now to fix this particular situation. In the future its best to stay full public while doing trades to retain any of that data if you think a report may be possible here.
    Declined.
  5. iNub

iNub New User

Steam:
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Money] PayPal scam or scam attempt
    Virtual item type involved: [DOTA2] Dota2 Items

Accused profile: 76561198194926455

Victim profile: 76561198073367622

What happened? Description:
    I am re-reporting this person with additional evidence since the initial thread has been closed. It is under the "UPDATE" section, along with screenshot evidence of steam friends chat, scam05 and scam06.

I saw this person selling a PA Gothic Whisper set on dotagiftx.com. I added them as a friend and made the payment of 25USD. He said it will be automatically delivered to me on the 25th of Sept.

Over the next few days I noticed that they did not put the item up as reserved. I messaged them about it but was met with silence. After a few more attempts, they responded that they will reflect that the item is reserved, which they did.

Fast forward to 25th Sept, I messaged them about sending the item and there was no response. I messaged again on 26th Sept, and still no response. A few hours later, I checked back and noticed that I was unfriended and this person had changed their steam username from "K1 DE DIA KK DE NOCHE" to "Mayopalta" and also set their profile to private.​

Provide Evidence:
    Evidence provided in screen shots. However chat log screen shots were taken for myself without knowing the necessary requirements of this site. Browser task bar contains work related links and thus was cropped out.

In the screenshots it can be seen that I paid him 25 USD and he agreed to send me the item on 25th Sept. It is also shown how he has unfriended me, changed profile name and made it private. Under trade history it shows that I did get any items from him.

UPDATED: I am attaching screenshots taken from steam's friend message log. These logs show the same conversation as per the previous pictures. Furthermore, it shows his new username "Mayopalta" and I have moused over to show the URL to his ID as well. This is more than enough to verify that this person was indeed on my friendlist which is why the chat log has been recorded into steam's friend message log archive: https://help.steampowered.com/en/accountdata/GetFriendMessagesLog View attachment 801917

Attached Files:

6. iNub

iNub New User

Steam:
    Reuploading a new screenshot since scam06 was messed up.
    Scam07 - shows the same conversation, the accused's paypal email, his new username, and his profile url at the bottom right. and this is taken from steam's friends messages log archive, therefore proving that he was indeed on my friends list at that time of the conversation and payment for the PA set.

Attached Files:

7. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    I don't think you understand - we can't confirm identity- nothing you can add with all that changes this situation.
    We do not review get friend message logs either and that was clearly noted in links you were provided prior to submitting the report. You must have over looked them..please do not do so in the future.
    https://forums.steamrep.com/threads/report-submission-fundamentals.169802/
    This report is still Declined and final.
    merging with previous attempt you made to avoid spam.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.