1. SteamRep is shutting down at the end of 2024. See announcement.

Pending Report: 76561198196934470 - ([CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items)

Discussion in 'Pre-2017 Reports' started by Draeren, Nov 7, 2015.

1. Draeren

Draeren New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:75302270
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Rep Fraud] Impersonation with intent to defraud
    Virtual item type involved: [CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items

Accused profile: 76561198196934470

Victim profile: 76561198110870268

What happened? Description:
    User added me through www.csgoteamfinder.com, implied we could play some competitive matches together - the next day he asked if we could play "MSI", which was apparently "similar to CEVO & FaceIT"... I'd never heard of simply "MSI", then he linked me to a website called "play-msi.com" (which is still up, you can verify for yourself, it's safe), a knockoff imitation site pretending to be owned by MSI, the hardware company.

On this fraudulent website, there's a link to a fake YouTube video, which upon clicking, begins downloading an "Abobe Flash update" which I knew was bullshit, considering Chrome has Abobe Flash built-in.

At this point I was very suspicious of a potential scam - he then asked me to come on TeamSpeak to play CS:GO with him; a scamming tactic I'm aware of where upon connecting to the TeamSpeak server, it asks you to install a "plugin" (malicious software).

Once I realized this guy was trying to scam me, I confronted him about it - he then immediately unfriended me & logged off.​

Provide Evidence:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Scam website:

http://play-msi.com/

^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^
    DO NOT CLICK "VIDEO"​

Attached Files:

2. TragiLafex

TragiLafex New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:17014471
    Happened same to me, good that I'm aware of this and found this post, as well as I did more research into it. :)
  3. ✪ ReDoX™

✪ ReDoX™ New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:60080860
    Thx for the post mate! Same happened to me... Post really helped me :)